Ways to Get Transcripts
You may register to use Get Transcript Online to view, print, or download all transcript types listed below .
If you ‘re unable to register, or you prefer not to use Get Transcript Online, you may decree a tax return transcript and/or a tax account transcript through Get Transcript by Mail or by calling 800-908-9946. Please allow 5 to 10 calendar days for delivery .
You may besides request any transcript type listed below by submitting Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return .
We offer the succeed transcript types at no charge :
Read more: What Is A Good Credit Score? | Equifax®
- Tax Return Transcript – shows most line items from your original Form 1040-series tax return as filed, along with any forms and schedules. It doesn’t show changes made after you filed your original return. This transcript is available for the current and three prior tax years. A tax return transcript usually meets the needs of lending institutions offering mortgages and student loans. Note: The secondary spouse on a joint return can use Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T to request this transcript type. When using Get Transcript by Mail or calling 800-908-9946, the primary taxpayer on the return must make the request.
- Tax Account Transcript – shows basic data such as filing status, taxable income, and payment types. It also shows changes made after you filed your original return. This transcript is available for the current and nine prior tax years through Get Transcript Online, and the current and three prior tax years through Get Transcript by Mail or by calling 800-908-9946. These years and older tax years can be obtained by submitting Form 4506-T. Note: If you made estimated tax payments and/or applied an overpayment from a prior year return, you can request this transcript type a few weeks after the beginning of the calendar year to confirm your payments prior to filing your tax return.
- Record of Account Transcript – combines the tax return and tax account transcripts above into one complete transcript. This transcript is available for the current and three prior tax years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T.
- Wage and Income Transcript – shows data from information returns we receive such as Forms W-2, 1098, 1099, and 5498. If you see a message of “No Record of return filed” for the current tax year, it means information has not populated to the transcript yet. Check back in late May. Current tax year information may not be complete until July. This transcript is available for the current and nine prior tax years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T.
- Verification of Non-filing Letter – states that the IRS has no record of a processed Form 1040-series tax return as of the date of the request. It doesn’t indicate whether you are required to file a return for that year. This letter is available after June 15 for the current tax year or anytime for the prior three tax years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T. Use Form 4506-T if you need a letter for older tax years.
Note : A transcript is n’t a photocopy of your restitution. If you need a transcript of your master reappearance, submit Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return. Refer to the form for the process prison term and fee .
refer to Get Transcript FAQs for more data .
back to Get Transcript home foliate