There are respective ways to send money electronically, and the best choice depends on your needs. Learn more about these options and how they work .
Reading: How to Send Money Online
Person-to-Person Apps and Services
You have a lot of options when it comes to how to send money on-line. Multiple services allow you to make personal payments online for free if you pull funds from your bank score. Sending funds from debit cards, which are linked directly to your checking account, besides is normally free. however, if you prefer to use a recognition circuit board to fund a payment rather, you may have to pay a small fee .
requital services are a good first choice for sending money to another person on-line. In most cases, both the sender and recipient motivation to have an account with the service provider. here are some of the most popular options :
- PayPal: You may be used to paying for purchases with PayPal on eBay and other sites, but it’s also useful for personal payments. Most people you know probably already have a PayPal account, so they won’t need to sign up for a new service, link bank accounts, or come up with a new password. You can send money online with a credit card, debit card, bank account, or PayPal balance.
- Venmo: Owned by PayPal, Venmo is a payment app that pulls funds from your bank account or debit card. The service is especially popular with millennials, and you can include messages with each payment.
- Cash App: This app allows you to send money to and from debit cards. Your debit card will be charged, so the funds will come from your checking account indirectly, and your recipient will receive a credit to their debit card.
- Zelle: This is both a standalone app and a service that’s integrated with many bank accounts. With both options, you can typically send money for free, and funds are received quickly.
- Google Pay: Both a digital wallet and a way to send payments to friends, you can send funds easily to one or more recipients.
- Facebook Messenger: You can send money to your Facebook friends for free with Messenger. You can fund transfers using your debit card or PayPal account.
- Bank bill pay: You may also be able to pay friends and family through your bank’s bill pay. Your bank will print and send a check, which means you’ll have to wait for the check to travel through the mail, and your payee probably will need to wait a few days after depositing it before the funds are available.
- Wire transfers: This is another way to transfer money from one bank account to another. The term traditionally refers to an instant transfer between one bank account and another. This option can be relatively expensive, though. For example, Bank of America charges $30 for domestic wire transfers. If you’re sending a large amount of money that exceeds the maximums allowed by apps or money transfer services like Western Union, or you’re sending overseas, a traditional wire transfer may be what you need.
Money Transfer Services
MoneyGram, Western Union, and exchangeable services have offered money transfer services at forcible locations for years. They besides allow you to request payments online using your browser or an app. You can send money abroad or within the United States, and you can even send funds online to a recipient who will pick up cash in person. These services load fees, and you can send funds from a deposit account, with a debit or credit menu, or with cash at a physical location .
If you ‘re planning to send cash or use a debit wag, you may besides want to consider a Walmart2Walmart transfer. With this option, you can send money from a Walmart location to another Walmart location in the U.S., including Puerto Rico. You can start the transfer process from the Walmart app, and fees are relatively low. The maximal you can send is $ 2,500, and there ‘s a $ 16 fee for that .
alone send cable transfers to person you know and you ‘re certain is legitimate. many scammers use wire transfers as separate of their cons.
Send Money Overseas
Most banks, payments services, and money transfer services allow you to send money to foreign countries and domestically. however, you might prefer a serve that is specifically designed for international transfers. Those services might operate in more locations or, depending on your needs, might be less expensive .
popular options for oversea transfers include Wise ( once TransferWise ), Paynoeer, Remity, and OFX. As you research options, beginning by verifying the authenticity of any money transfer service you ’ rhenium considering. once you ’ re comfortable with a handful of options, compare the features such as :
- The exchange rate you’ll get
- How much it costs to send and receive funds (for both the sender and the recipient)
- The time it takes to receive funds
- Options for claiming the funds
The Bottom Line
There are a diverseness of services you can use to send funds to friends and family. Apps often allow you to send funds domestically for unblock, but the amount you can send may be limited. Wire transfers may be best for larger amounts and to send funds oversea. To find the best service, consider what apps and options your friends and family are most likely to use and the cost of using those services .
frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs )
How can you send money online with a debit card?
If you want to use a debit card as your informant of funds, then you ‘ll want to send money through services like PayPal, Venmo, Cash App, or through mobile wallets like Apple Pay and Google Pay .
Can you send money through Cash App without a debit card?
You can use Cash App without a debit card by linking a bank account alternatively. You can besides use a recognition card, and most government-enabled postpaid cards besides work ( though you can not deposit money onto them ). You ca n’t use Cash App with PayPal cards, ATM cards, or business debit cards.
How much money can you send on Venmo?
When you first gear sign up, you ‘ll be limited to barely under $ 300 until you verify your identity. once your identity is verified, you ‘ll be limited to a weekly spending limit of barely under $ 7,000, including a $ 4,999.99 weekly specify on person-to-person payments .