- Experiential Learning Area Preference
***Your SOFE area preference doesn ’ thymine guarantee that your ELs will be conducted in the location you have selected. Your preference will be taken into consideration, along with early factors in determining the localization of your actual SOFE locations .
- Last Name
- First Name
- practice today ! Space is limited.
Application deadline is July 3, 2022 .
In this article, we will explore the 3 different routes you can take in order to become an accredit BSN nanny and how long each BSN program will take.
How Long Does It Take to Become a BSN-prepared Nurse?
Getting your BSN and becoming a BSN prepare harbor can take anywhere from 12 months to four years. Before you actually choose a bachelor platform, you must first determine where precisely you are in your harbor career. Are you fresh out of high school thinking about becoming a registered nanny or are you already working as an RN based on previous ADN education ? Did you pursue a different educational traverse before realizing that nursing is actually your calling ? You besides need to establish your personal preferences – can you manage a fast-paced program ? Do you need a flexible schedule ? Will you do well in an on-line class environment ? Answering these questions truthfully is of last importance because they will help you decide your future naturally of carry through and how long it will actually take to complete your BSN education .
Based on Previous Education, How Long Will It Take to Get Your BSN?
Depending on your education level, there are three different case scenarios for the measure of time you would have to invest into earning your Bachelor ’ s Degree in Nursing .
1. Up to 12 months to Get from ADN to BSN : enroll in an RN to BSN Bridge Fast Track Program
If you ’ re a register breastfeed looking to advance your career and education, your best choice to get your BSN is through a bridge debauched cut broadcast. How long does it take to go from ADN to BSN? If you have completed your Associate ’ s Degree and are presently a practice register nanny and you want to advance your studies, your best option is to enroll in an on-line RN-to-BSN platform. This platform is specially designed for working professionals who want to elevate healthcare and it is meant to bridge the gap between your knowledge as an ADN nurse and the BSN requirements. This kind of bridge program allows learners to earn class credit rating based on their experience as an RN. consequently, as a working RN, you can earn your Bachelor ’ s Degree in nursing fairly promptly. The broadcast can be completed in as few as 12 months or 3 semesters if you have not completed your general education requirements. however, if you have completed all the GE requirements prior to enrollment, the RN-to-BSN Program can be completed in as little time as 8 months or 2 semesters. A full of 120-semester credits are required for the bestowal of the BSN degree. however, students who are already registered nurses will have completed depart of these credits during their associate degree. The Nightingale College ’ sulfur RN-to-BSN program consists of 24 semesters credits of upper-division nurse coursework and 48-semester credits of general education ( GE ). The coursework concentrates on key nursing concepts such as community nurse, leadership, policy, ethics, health promotion, and informatics. While maintaining rigorous academic standards, the RN-to-BSN program is designed for full-pledged nurses who have to juggle their job responsibilities, studies, and personal lives. Hence, most RN-to-BSN programs are 100 % on-line and, consequently, career friendly .
RN-to-BSN Courses Breakdown
Read more: What Is a Debt Management Plan? – NerdWallet
Read more: What Is a Debt Management Plan? – NerdWallet
As mentioned above, a total of 120-semester credits are required for gradation. The RN-to-BSN program course of study includes post-licensure coursework that focuses on community breastfeed, leadership, policy, ethics, critical care, geriatrics, health promotion, disease prevention, and informatics among other key nursing concepts. The main RN-to-BSN courses that will help you become the best professional you could be are :
- General Education Courses – you will complete all necessity GE courses including English, Maths, Psychology, and others .
- Specialized Nursing Courses – you will get to study specify breastfeed subjects such as psychiatry, geriatrics or critical care so that you can figure out which peculiarity is best for you .
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making – you will get better and learn to integrate ethical, political, legal, cultural and other considerations in your decision-making process .
- Ethics and Policy – you will focus on ethical issues related to nursing to ensure a basis of cognition which is invaluable, particularly once you entree leadership positions .
- Research – you will learn how scientific nurse cognition is gained and will acquire the means to take natural process against the prevailing health issues in a community .
- Technology – in a playing field with changing technologies, you ’ ll want to have an updated cognition of computer skill and engineering to stay current in the workplace .
Read more about what to expect from the on-line RN-to-BSN course of study from Nightingale College .
2. Up to 19 months For Non-nursing Majors : enroll in aDirect Entry BSN Accelerated Program
If you ’ re considering a career change towards nursing even though initially you pursued a Bachelor ’ s degree in a different, unrelated field – commodity news is you can do it, BSN degrees are not reserved merely for RNs. Your best choice is to enroll in a direct entry accelerated BSN program – adenine long as you already have a completed Bachelor ’ s degree. How Long Does an Accelerated BSN Program Take? Depending on the program you choose, completing an accelerated BSN Program can take between 12 to 19 months ( although some can tied be 2 years ). During this time students will focus intensively on nurse coursework, with detail attention draw to science-based courses, such as human body and physiology, microbiology and chemistry. Since they already completed some of the ask courses ( i.e. liberal arts classes ) while obtaining their first degree, learners won ’ t have to undergo these again. admission requirements for accelerated BSN programs are generally high – a minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required and electric potential learners have to undergo a thorough pre-screening process. This kind of accelerate program is intense and can be rather challenging, with lots of material to be studied in a reasonably short amount of clock time. In addition to the in-depth academic english, accelerated programs besides include hands-on clinical experience in hospitals or early aesculapian institutions. Most accelerate BSN programs are available in on-campus settings, although, recently, more and more on-line options are becoming available. Because of the rigorous nature of the course of study, most students choose not to work during the duration of their studies ( but that, of course, is up to each individual. ) Find out more about the differences between getting your BSN degree on-line, on-campus or through hybrid programs and figure out what works best for you .
3. Up to 32 months for Undergraduates :Enroll in a Direct Entry to BSN Program
If you decided you wanted to become a harbor, but you have no anterior degree or ADN studies, the best run of natural process is to enroll in a traditional BSN program. The most popular road for entree to a BSN program is via direct entrance from high school. How long does it take to pursue a Traditional BSN program? broadly, completing a traditional BSN Program takes around 32 months or 8 semesters, if the compulsory General Education ( GE ) courses have not been completed. In accession to all ADN classes, this course of study besides includes BSN degree classes, which will help you take your skills to the future level. You will need to accumulate a sum of 120-semester credits, after which you will be required to take the license examination. As a learner in the BSN Program, you will learn disease management, treatment, and prevention adenine well as the promotion of health from the point of view of nurse. The curriculum, which is specifically constructed to promote career mobility in nursing, includes both liberal arts courses ( which fulfill general department of education requirements ), equally well as advance nursing classes, which will grant you with the advance set of skills that will prepare you for a successful breastfeed career. By enrolling in the traditional BSN program, graduates will have a full understand of nursing core concepts that go beyond what was taught in the ADN Program. on-line students have more control over how soon they graduate with a BSN. There are numerous on-line accelerated programs that allow them to complete their studies in a inadequate measure of time. however, these accelerated programs are decidedly more challenge, so you must ensure you are bequeath to put more time and feat into it .
The Advantages of Earning a BSN Degree
Besides the many benefits it brings to patients and health centers, the BSN degree besides presents a number of advantages for nurses themselves. Among these, some of the most noteworthy are :
- numerous studies prove thatBSN prepared nurses are linked to better patient outcomes, fewer checkup errors and lower mortality rates .
- BSN nurses have more job opportunities. According to a 2019 AACN surveil, 43.2 % of hospitals and other healthcare settings are requiring new hires to have a bachelor ’ s degree in harbor, while 82.1 % of employers are expressing a solid preference for BSN platform graduates .
- Earning your BSN might become a necessity at one point in your career. New York State has recognized the meaning of bachelor’s degree readiness for RNs, hence, in 2017, the country passed a “BSN-in-10” law requiring RNs to obtain their BSN within 10 years of licensure. In accession, many early states are considering alike measures, specially as they fall in line with the Institute of Medicine ’ s recommendations of increasing the percentage of the harbor work force who hold Bachelor ’ mho degrees to 80 % by 2020 .
- Nurses who hold a BSN degree have higher salaries. Advancing your education is normally followed by an addition in recompense. That is besides true in the case of nurses. According to Payscale BSN RN ’ mho earn an average wage of around $ 83,000. That ’ south $ 14,000 more than the hateful wage of an ADN RN with the same know, who only makes about approximately $ 69,000 per year. It ’ south worth mentioning that per the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual engage of RN ’ randomness ( which can be both ADN and BSN nurses ) was $ 77,460 in 2019 .
Find out more about the advantages of earning your BSN even if you are already working as a Registered nurse .
Why Choose Nightingale College’s BSN and RN-to-BSN Programs?
Nightingale College offers two programs for aspiring nurses :
- Ourfast track RN to BSN program is the best choice for RNs who already completed an ADN plan and are working as a Registered Nurse. At Nightingale College, we created anonline RN-to-BSN program that provides register nurses with the opportunity of earning a bachelor ’ s academic degree in nurse in arsenic few as 12 months, or evening 8 months if you have completed all GE requirements.
Nightingale College’s RN-to-BSN Program has 3 start dates per year that enroll in the Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters. Through this program, learners can take advantage of a 100% online curriculum. The online nature of the coursework allows them to fulfill their degree at their own pace, while also keeping a job and juggling family responsibilities.
- Nightingale’s BSN program is designed for learners at the very beginning of their nursing career who have no prior clinical experience, but it also grants advanced placement for qualified LPNs. The blended-distance format of our BSN program allows learners to engage in online didactic instruction with on-ground experiential learning, which during quarantine has also moved to an online environment. Our BSN program can be completed in as few as 32 months.
Nightingale College takes the duty of preparing the future generations of nurses up to the highest standards extremely badly. Our BSN Program course of study plan meets the requirements of the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing ( ACEN ), the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation ( NLN CNEA ) standards, and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education ( CCNE ). The success rates are besides a good indicator of how potent the broadcast is. Our foremost BSN graduate cohort had an NCLEX-RN® beginning time pass rate of 100 %. Find out everything you need to know about the two unlike types of institutional accreditation : national and regional, american samoa well as other things you have to consider when selecting the mighty college or university. At Nightingale College, you have no waitlist and you are able to learn through on-line modules for lectures accessible on any calculator, tablet, or mobile phone. This means you don ’ t have to travel to a localization for your classes as an on-campus plan would require from you. It besides means you can study at your own pace, and therefore, you have more control over how long it will take you to graduate.
Read more: Debt Restructuring Definition
ultimately, how long it takes to get a BSN degree is up to you. But it is surely deserving it putting in the effort and taking the time to advance your education. If you ’ re a dedicate, passionate apprentice you will discover that getting your BSN may take even less meter than you thought ! Enroll in our online RN-to-BSN program and advance your nursing career in as few as 12 months. Do you want to pursue a career in nursing? Follow your heart and get your BSN degree in 32 months.