This system, which mobilizes closely 6,000 members of civil security each workweek to carry out the tests, margin guards to check the health documents of travelers and internal security forces to check the isolation or quarantine measures decided by prefects, is regularly adapted to changes in the health position and community rules .
Faced with the fresh phase of the pandemic qualify, in most countries, by the predominance of the Omicron discrepancy and a high level of vaccination, the Government has decided to lighten this health command system at the borders, peculiarly for immunize travellers .
Since February 12, 2022, the following rules apply at borders :
- For travelers vaccinated within the meaning of European regulations, no more tests is required on departure. Proof of a complete vaccination schedule becomes sufficient to arrive in France, regardless of the country of origin, as was the case before the distribution of the Omicron variant.
- For unvaccinated travellers, the obligation to present a negative test to travel to France remains, but the measures on arrival (test, isolation) are lifted when they come from countries on the “green” list, characterized by a moderate circulation of the virus.
- When unvaccinated travelers come from a country on the “orange” list, they must continue to present a compelling reason justifying the need for them to come to mainland France and may still be subject to a random test on arrival. Travelers who test positive will have to isolate themselves, in accordance with the recommendations of the Health Insurance.
In the event of an hand brake characterized by the appearance of a form probably to present a risk of increased transmissibility or immune evasion, the “ hand brake brake ” mechanism will be activated and the country will then be placed on the “ crimson ” list, implying, as is the case today, the obligation to present a compelling reason for travel, the obligation to present a veto examination on deviation – including for immunize travelers in the event of a form presenting the feature of an escape immune-, and the debt instrument to undergo a quiz on arrival conditioning the placement in quarantine decided by the prefects and controlled by the police.
Read more: What Is a Debt Management Plan? – NerdWallet
Reading: Covid 19 : International travel
such classification will be irregular and reviewed regularly to ensure the proportionality of the locomotion limitation measures. Currently, no nation is classified in the “ red ” list .
These edge rules may be adapted in watch of the evolution of the health situation, and in credit line with the work presently being carried out with our european partners .
On the other pass, given the health situation of the Overseas Territories, the health master procedures for accessing them remain unaltered at this stage .
The current classification of countries, defined on the basis of health indicators, is as follows:
- “Green” countries : countries or territories with negligible or moderate circulation of the virus, in the absence of emerging variants of concern. These are the countries of the European area: Member States of the European Union as well as Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican. In addition, the following countries and territories are added: South Africa, Albania, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Ivory Coast, South Korea, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Djibouti, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Ecuador, Eswatini, United States, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Grenada, Greenland, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Faroe Islands, Mauritius, Solomon Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, British Virgin Islands, US Virgin Islands, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lesotho, Lebanon, Liberia, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Malawi, Maldives, Morocco, Mauritania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, New Zealand, Oman, Uganda, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Democratic Republic of Congo, Dominican Republic, United Kingdom, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint- Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, El Salvador, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sudan, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tanzania, Chad, East Timor, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Trinidad and Tobago, Ukraine, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- “Orange” countries : countries or territories experiencing active circulation of the virus, in the absence of an emerging variant of concern and showing no vaccine or immune escape. These are all countries not included in the list of “green” countries.