- Mortgage Calculator
- VA Loan Calculator
VA Loan Calculator
Use our VA family loanword calculator to estimate your monthly mortgage payment with taxes and insurance. Simply enter the purchase monetary value of the home, your depressed payment and details about the loan to calculate your VA lend requital breakdown, schedule and more. Your payment: $1,868/moHome price $
Down payment Down payment percentage $ %ZIP code lend program interest paceSee current rates % Include taxes/insurance property tax
$ /year % home indemnity $ /year HOA dues $ /month
Next: Talk to a VA lender
Find a lender on Zillow and discuss your VA loanword eligibility with a lender who understands the VA lend process .Get started
Explore more mortgage calculators
- tagAffordability calculator How much house can you afford ? Use our affordability calculator to estimate what you can comfortably spend on your raw home .
- bullRefinance calculator interested in refinancing your existing mortgage ? Use our refinance calculator to see if refinance makes sense for you .
- dollar signDebt-to-income calculator Your debt-to-income ratio helps determine if you would qualify for a mortgage. Use our DTI calculator to see if you ‘re in the mighty range .
- Arrow Up
Amortization calculator curious how much you will pay to interest and chief each month ? Use our amortization calculator to estimate your monthly principal and sake payments made over the animation of a lend .
How our VA loan calculator works
Zillow ‘s VA lend calculator provides autofill elements to help you cursorily estimate your monthly mortgage requital on a new home. Like most home loans, the mortgage payment on a VA loanword includes the principal amount you borrowed and the interest the lender charges for lending you the money. Both of which are represented as P & I on the VA loanword calculator breakdown. You can besides choose whether to include taxes and homeowners insurance in the full monthly payment amount. Learn more about the details used to calculate your virginia loanword payment using the definitions below .
The price is the total you paid for a base or design to pay for a future home purchase. Buying a home with a lower buy price can help lower the monthly mortgage payment. Enter your home price into the VA loanword payment calculator above .
In most cases, VA loans do not require a down payment, but providing one will reduce the sum you need to borrow and reduce the VA fund fee. Adjust the $ 0 nonpayment jell as needed on our VA loan calculator .
insert your ZIP code and the calculator will take your county ‘s VA loanword limits into consideration to let you know if a down payment is required .
The VA lend calculator provides 30-year fixed, 15-year fixed and 5-year ARM loan programs. The lend plan you choose can affect the interest rate and full monthly requital come. For exemplar, a 30-year repair mortgage will have a lower monthly payment than a 15-year fixed but will require you to pay more interest over the life of the lend .
sake on a mortgage is expressed as a percentage rate and paid to your lender each year for the money borrowed. Our calculator is pre-filled with the current national average VA mortgage rate based upon lender quotes on Zillow. Your actual rate will vary based on factors like citation grudge and down requital. Compare rates from at least three VA lenders to insure you get the lowest rate .
The annual property tax is an estimate based on the home ‘s leverage price. The total is divided by 12 and applied to each monthly mortgage payment. If you know the specific come of taxes, you can add it as an annual total or share .
Homeowners insurance protects your indebtedness as the property owner and insures against venture, loss, etc. VA lenders will require homeowners indemnity before closing on a lend. The annual entire is divided by 12 and applied to each monthly mortgage requital .
Homeowners in some developments and townhouse or condominium communities may pay a monthly Homeowners Association ( HOA ) fee to jointly cover care, amenities and some insurance. If applicable, update your monthly HOA costs in the field provided .
What is a VA loan?
A VA loanword is a mortgage that is partially backed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs ( VA ) to provide eligible homeowners and buyers the help needed to buy, build, rectify or refinance a home american samoa long as it ‘s a primary coil residence .
Who is eligible for a VA loan?
Those who have served or are presently serving in the U.S. military may be eligible for a VA-backed loanword. This includes :
- Active-duty personnel
- Reserve members
- National Guard member
- Surviving spouses
In order to qualify for a VA-backed loan, your lender may require you to meet extra standards, such as having desirable accredit, sufficient income and a valid Certificate of Eligibility ( COE ). Find a VA lender near you to get pre-qualified for a VA loanword .
Types of VA loans
The VA offers three VA-backed loans and a VA direct loanword. The VA calculate lend is the native american english Direct Loan ( NADL ) broadcast, which is financed by the VA, and available to eligible native american Veterans or Veterans married to a native American. The early more park VA-backed loans are provided by a individual lender, such as banks and mortgage companies. VA-backed loans include :
- VA Purchase Loan
- VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan ( IRRRL )
- VA Cash-Out Refinance Loan
VA loan benefits
Since lenders tend to view VA-backed loans as less hazardous, lenders are more probably to give you a mortgage with more golden terms than early loan programs. These VA loanword benefits may include :
- Zero down payment : A down payment is not required, unless you ‘re using remaining entitlement and your loan total is over $ 144,000 .
- No private mortgage insurance : VA loans do not require a monthly mortgage indemnity bounty ( MIP ) or private mortgage insurance ( PMI ) .
- Lower interest rate : VA loans typically have lower average interest rates than other loan types .
- Limited closing costs : The VA limits the sum you can be charged for shutting costs. And if the seller is will, they can pay all of your loan-related conclusion costs american samoa well as up to 4 % in concessions .
- No prepayment fees : VA loans do not have prepayment penalties .
- Payment support : If you ‘re struggling to make payments, the VA can negotiate with your lender on your behalf. alternatively, if you know a modify military member volition to take over your mortgage, VA loans are assumable without fees .
VA loan limits
A VA loanword specify is the measure of money the VA will guarantee to pay your lender if you default on the loanword and does not limit how a lot you can borrow. As of 2020, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs, eligible borrowers who have full moon entitlement do not have a VA lend limit — mean if you default on a loan that ‘s over $ 144,000, the VA will pay up to 25 % of the lend sum. In order to have full entitlement, you must meet at least one of the keep up requirements :
- You have not used your home loan benefit.
- You have paid a previous VA loan in full and sold the property (restoring your full entitlement).
- You have used your home loan benefit, but had a foreclosure or compromised claim (i.e. short sale) and repaid the VA in full.
If you have remaining entitlement, your VA loanword restrict is based on the county lend limit where you live. You may have remaining entitlement if any of the following statements are genuine :
- You have an active VA loan you’re still paying back
- You paid a previous VA loan in full and still own the home.
- You refinanced your VA loan into a non-VA loan and still own the home.
- You had a compromise claim or short sale on a previous VA loan and didn’t repay the VA in full.
- You had a deed in lieu of foreclosure on a previous VA loan and transferred the home’s title to the bank that holds your mortgage to avoid foreclosure.
- You had a foreclosure on a previous VA loan and did not repay the VA in full.
With remaining entitlement, if you default on the loan, the VA will pay your lender up to 25 % of the county loanword limit minus the come of entitlement you ‘ve already used. You can use the remaining entitlement on its own or combine it with a down payment to take out another VA lend .
VA funding fee
about all eligible VA lend borrowers ( veterans, active-duty servicing members, and National Guard and Reserve members ) are required to pay a erstwhile fund fee to help keep the loanword plan hunt and keep the costs of the loanword lower for taxpayers. Some veterans with a service-related disability may be nontaxable. The fund tip can be paid up front at close or financed into your loanword. here ‘s a spirit at the VA fund tip rates by loan type based on data from the Department of Veterans Affairs that went into effect January 1, 2020 .
Purchase and construction loans
For VA-backed purchase and construction loans, your funding tip rate will be based on your down payment amount and lend usage. If you used a VA-backed lend to purchase a manufacture home in the past, you ‘ll still pay the first-time fund tip rate .
|Down payment||Funding fee amount (first-time use)||Funding fee amount (after first use)|
|Less than 5%||2.3%||3.6%|
|5% or more||1.65%||1.65%|
|10% or more||1.4%||1.4%|
Cash-out refinancing loans
The fund tip rate for VA-backed refinance loans does n’t change based on your down payment amount. If you purchase a manufacture home, you besides only need to pay the first-time function fund tip rate .
|Funding fee rate (first-time use)||Funding fee rate (after first use)|
Native American Direct Loan (NADL)
The fund fee for a NADL does n’t change based on your down payment total or your department of veterans affairs loan custom. The rate alone varies whether you use the loanword to purchase or refinance a home plate .
|Type of use||Funding fee rate|
Other VA loan types
For all other types of VA loans, the fund fee rate does n’t change based on your gloomy payment total or your past loan custom.
|Loan type||Funding fee rate|
|Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan (IRRRL)||0.5%|
|Manufactured home loans (not permanently affixed)||1%|
|Vendee loan, for purchasing VA-acquired property||2.25%|
- How to Get a VA Loan The serve for getting a VA mortgage is alike to the traditional mortgage action, with a few differences along the room. here ‘s a expect at the steps you need to take .
- VA Loan FAQs Are you considering taking advantage of your VA loanword benefit ? here are answers to the most common questions about VA loans .
- VA Certificate of Eligibility The VA requires that all lenders making VA-backed loans include a Certificate of Eligibility ( COE ) in their loanword approval process. Read on to see how to get your COE .