- It ‘s slowly to sign up. All you need is a car and a smartphone.
- You ’ re paid between $ 18 and $ 25 per hour .
- You can cash out often. Billing cycles occur twice a workweek .
- Get cook to work, as you can be creditworthy for up to 30 or more packages per obstruct .
What is Amazon Flex?
Amazon Flex is a messenger avail from the e-commerce behemoth Amazon. Drivers for Amazon Flex give birth for Amazon.com, Amazon Fresh and Prime nowadays. So you could spend a transformation delivering dinner, groceries or gifts. ( If you ‘d rather transport people, learn how to become an Uber driver. ) To drive for Amazon Flex, you must meet the following eligibility requirements :
- Be at least 21 years old .
- Have a valid driver ’ s license and insurance .
- Have a qualify vehicle ( more on that below ) .
Where you can work
Amazon Flex operates countrywide, but hires new drivers based on need in a specific sphere. Check the web site to find out where Amazon Flex is hiring. If your city international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine available, you can add yourself to a mail tilt to be alerted when opportunities arise.
Keep tabs on all your money
NerdWallet tracks all of your income streams and spending accounts — all in one place.
What you need
No matter which Amazon avail you drive for, each has the like basic dress of requirements, with a few variations :
- car : For Amazon.com deliveries, you ’ ll need at least a four-door midsize sedan. The bigger the car, the better ; SUVs and minivans can take more packages, which could mean more cash for you. For Prime now and Amazon Fresh, any authentic car is very well. No matter the cable car or type of delivery, you need to be in monomania of the car ’ randomness registration and policy information and have your license on you at all times .
- Smartphone : An iPhone 5S or newer with io 11 or higher will do, as will an Android 6 or above with GPS and a television camera for scanning stripe codes. Most parts of the problem require you to use the Amazon Flex app .
- Background checks : When you get started on the app, you ’ ll be asked a series of identity-related questions to assist with the process. Checks into your driving history and any criminal record take two to five business days to complete .
Amazon provides you with commercial indemnity while you ‘re on the job but won’t recoup you for mileage, tolls, park or other expenses. That coverage does not apply for drivers in New York, who may need to purchase extra insurance to comply with submit law.
How to register
You can get started from the comfort of your computer and phone. To register :
- Answer eligibility questions on the Flex web site. You contribution your placement, whether you ’ re 21 or older and a license driver, if your car fits the requirements and what kind of phone you ’ re plan to use.
- Download the app. Amazon Flex will provide you a connection after you complete the questionnaire .
- dispatch forms in the app. Fill out your handiness and your banking information for calculate deposit .
once everything is squared away, you can start schedule.
Sign up for deliveries
Scheduling and completing deliveries for Amazon Flex largely takes place on the app. delivery blocks, which are shifts that are typically three to six hours long, can be picked up in two ways :
- Claim shifts offered to you by the app. Once you fill in your handiness, you ’ ll sporadically be sent options that fit your hours. Go to Calendar in the app to access shifts. These opportunities expire, so pick them up arsenic quickly as you can .
- score hours on short notice. You can find same-day opportunities in a part of the app labeled Check Available Blocks. These appear on a roll basis up to 24 hours before the lurch begins and are first-come, first-served. sometimes blocks at busier hours of the day are up for grabs, and these high-traffic hours can pay more .
Delivery shift details
The Flex app sends out a presentment one hour before your block starts. At that target, you see the pickup localization for your items, where you ’ ll deliver them and the general size of your workload. When you arrive at the cartridge localization, you check in and your block time starts. Packing your cable car counts as part of your fault. You are responsible for scanning the QR code or bar code of all your items before you load them up. For Amazon Fresh, you may want to have a hand truck because some packages may weigh 50 pounds or more. The phone number of packages you ’ ra expected to handle varies. With a big enough cable car, you could deliver up to 70 packages .
With a large enough car, you could deliver up to 70 packages.
The app will create a route for you. This is good a hypnotism ; if you know your way around town, it may be better for you to use your best judgment about navigation. When you arrive at a placement to deliver a box, arrest in on your app. then verify that you ’ re at the properly address and check if the customer has given any special instructions. scan the bar code on the package to record that you completed the delivery. You ’ ll necessitate to repeat this process for each detail. sometimes, you may not be able to deliver all of your packages in the sum of time allotted. This could be due to any act of reasons, including traffic, restaurant backup or inability to leave packages at an apartment construction. Deliver all the packages you can, and reach Amazon Flex support about what caused the stay. You wo n’t get paid for the excess time it takes to deliver the rest of your dispatch. Packages you ca n’t deliver should be returned to the pickup location.
Amazon Flex ’ s web site states that you can make between $ 18 and $ 25 per hour during your blocks. Where you fall on that scale depends on a number of factors. You can make closer to $ 25 per hour by using a larger car, which makes you eligible to deliver more packages.Another option is to claim blocks during busy times, which are marked in the app, or to deliver for Prime nowadays and Amazon Fresh, which allow customers to give you tips .
You can make between $18 and $25 per hour during your blocks.
Drivers get paid doubly a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. If you delivered for Amazon Restaurants or Prime now, you ’ ll pay back paid after your tips are processed, which by and large takes one to two days after delivery. Payments are delivered via mastermind situate. Because working for Amazon Flex makes you an independent contractor, you ‘ll be responsible for withholding money for your taxes. You may besides need to file quarterly taxes .