|Covered Treatment||Accident-Only||Accident and Illness|
|Virtual vet visit||✓||✓|
In addition to your base policy, you can choose to add preventive and health wish through Embrace ’ s Wellness Rewards rider. This accessory includes coverage for :
- Vaccinations and titers
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Flea, tick, and heartworm treatment
- Routine blood work
- Grooming and training
coverage is available astir to an annual allowance of your choice : $ 250, $ 450, or $ 650.
Reading: USAA Pet Insurance Review
Most positron emission tomography indemnity policies require a wait menstruation before coverage kicks in. All new pet policy policies through Embrace have a waiting period that begins the day the policy becomes effective ; you won ’ t meet coverage for the succeed events until their wait periods are over .
- Accidents: 48 hours
- Illnesses: 14 days
- Orthopedic conditions: 6 months (an orthopedic exam and waiver process can reduce this to 14 days)
If you choose to cancel your policy within 30 days of the start date, you can receive a full refund adenine long as you weren ’ t reimbursed for any claims during that fourth dimension period. Refund requests that occur after 30 days or within 30 days of a carry through claim may inactive qualify for a pro-rated refund .
To cancel your policy, you can call Embrace by phone at ( 800 ) 511-9172, or you can email your request.
The follow issues aren ’ thymine covered by Embrace ’ mho policies that USAA members can qualify for .
- Pre-existing conditions
- Breeding, whelping, and pregnancy
- Injury caused deliberately by any person or pet living in the home
- Injury or illness resulting from fighting, racing, cruelty, or neglect
- Cosmetic procedures (e.g. tail docking, ear cropping, or dew claw removal) unless medically necessary
- DNA testing or cloning
- Stem cell therapy not deemed medically necessary
Like about all positron emission tomography policy providers, Embrace doesn ’ thyroxine cover preexistent conditions. It considers preexistent conditions to be :
- Chronic conditions you or your veterinarian observe prior to the end of the waiting period
- Illnesses or injuries that occur before the end of the waiting period
- Other conditions you may have previously observed but that a veterinarian didn’t diagnose
There is a differentiation made between curable preexistent conditions ( such as ear infections ) and incurable preexistent conditions ( like diabetes or allergies ). If the topic is curable and the pet goes 12 months without symptoms, they can receive coverage moving ahead.
You can receive coverage through USAA ’ s Embrace for angstrom short as $ 1 a day. Your darling ’ randomness historic period, gender, breed, and where you live can all affect your premium price. You can get a quote on-line .
USAA members qualify for a 15 % deduction off their darling indemnity policy, and those who insure multiple pets or are current or former active duty military can qualify for excess savings, for a utmost rebate of 25 % .
You can choose your deductible and reimbursement come, which can besides affect the premium. annual deductibles range from $ 200 to $ 1,000, and the reimbursement options are 70 %, 80 %, or 90 %. If you don ’ thyroxine file any claims in a year, your annual deductible will drop by $ 50 .
The annual coverage limit ranges from $ 5,000 to $ 30,000, but life benefits are outright .
major discounts entirely available to members of the military and eligible class members : While anyone can purchase pet insurance directly through Embrace, some of the best discounts are only available to USAA members. alone current and former military members and their families are eligible for USAA membership.
To file a claim, you will take the follow steps.
Read more: Debt Restructuring Definition
- After visiting a vet, ask for an itemized invoice: This invoice should include how much you paid for treatment and should note any discounts or taxes.
- Complete the claim form: Fill out a claim form for your pet, including the diagnosis, date of the vet visit, and total invoice amount. Embrace emails you this form when you first enroll in a plan, but you can also download it directly from your MyEmbrace account.
- Submit and track claim: You can log in to your MyEmbrace account from the mobile app or website to submit and track your claim. You can also submit your claim by email, mail, or fax. If the adjuster who reviews your claim needs more information, they will contact you to request it.
- Get reimbursed: After a claim is approved, Embrace will deposit the money directly into your bank account within two business days. If you prefer to be paid by check, you will need to wait up to 10 business days to receive one in the mail.
You have a few options for pursuing customer support for your USAA favored policy policy. You can either touch USAA or Embrace, the policy provider that they refer their customers to. Your best bet is to start with Embrace since it ’ s managing USAA customer policies .
- Shortcut mobile number: #USAA (8722)
- Main phone number: (210) 531-USAA (8722) or (800) 531-USAA (8722)
- Customer support number: (800) 511-9172
- Vet support line: (800) 682-9942
- Primary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claims questions: email@example.com
- Claims documents: firstname.lastname@example.org
Embrace ’ s customer support hours are Monday to Friday, from 9 ante meridiem to 8 p.m. ET
Embrace ( USAA ’ s partner, which provides pet policy ) doesn ’ t have any Consumer Financial Protection Bureau complaints. The dear news keeps on coming. When Investopedia asked current customers why they chose to renew their policy, they reported that they did sol because…
- “Because they met my needs very well.”
- “Because their services are great.”
Embrace ’ south positron emission tomography indemnity is underwritten by american Modern Insurance Group, Inc. ; this company was given A+ ( Superior ) rat for fiscal persuasiveness by AM Best, an policy rate company. This is stopping point to the highest possible grad ( which is A++ ), and it means that american Modern Insurance Group is a stable company that should have no problem paying out claims to customers .
When shopping round for a pet insurance policy, there are a few important questions you ’ ll want to answer. Doing then will help you gain a better estimate of which supplier and policy are right for you. Ask yourself the following questions before choosing a pet policy company to work with .
- What are their coverage limits?
- Do they have various deductible options?
- What are their reimbursement percentages and limits?
- What treatments are covered and which ones are excluded?
- Can you add wellness coverage?
- Do they have any minimum or maximum cutoff ages?
Want to see your options ? Browse our picks for the best pet policy companies and plans available today.
|USAA||Trusted Pals||Prudent Pet|
|Annual Deductible Options||$200–$1,000||$0, $100, $250, $500, $750||$100, $250, $500, $1,000|
|Reimbursement Percentage||70%, 80%, 90%||70%, 80%, 90%, 100%||70%, 80%, 90%|
|Average Claim Turnaround Time||2–5 days||10 days||3–30 days|
|Illness Waiting Period||14 days||14 days||14 days|
|Injury Waiting Period||2 days||14 days||5 days|
|Dental Illness Coverage||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Max Enrollment Age Limit||None||None||None|
If you ’ re a current or erstwhile military member and you ’ re hoping to save on darling indemnity, you may find that USAA ’ mho offerings can meet your needs for less than other pet indemnity companies. Members qualify for discounts through USAA ’ s partnership with Embrace, so they can save and protect their pets at the like time. There ’ south a batch of flexibility with price here, as annual deductibles range from $ 200 to $ 1,000 and the reimbursement options are 70 %, 80 %, or 90 %. Get a Quote
Our methodology : How We Review darling Insurance Carriers
Investopedia is dedicated to providing consumers with indifferent, comprehensive reviews of pet policy companies. We rated 25 providers and collected over 2,000 data points, including information about plan options, caller features, and fees and limits, to ensure that our reviews help users make inform decisions for their pet indemnity needs .
Our full pet insurance methodology, including our data collection process and weighted data points, is available for review .