Cheap Renters Insurance Companies in Utah
price is one of the most important factors when choosing the best renters policy in Utah. Based on the average premium, the two cheapest options in the department of state are Allstate and MetLife. On median, an Allstate policy costs $ 79 per year or $ 7 monthly. A similar policy from MetLife costs $ 102 annually or $ 8 per month. These average annual and monthly premiums for renters indemnity in Utah were calculated using different ZIP codes throughout the state for a policy with $ 20,000 in personal place coverage, $ 100,000 in liability coverage and a deductible of $ 500.
personal Property coverage : $ 20,000 scroll for more
Compare Renters Insurance Rates
see you ‘re getting the best pace for your renters insurance. Compare quotes from the top policy companies. widget-location-pin
Best Renters Insurance Companies in Utah
In addition to price, policyholders should consider early factors when looking for renters policy in Utah. For example, the company you choose should be able to offer timely and efficient support. To find the best renters insurance companies in Utah, MoneyGeek ranked providers based on affordability, customer overhaul scores from J.D. Power and Associates and fiscal stability ratings from AM Best. Allstate ranked highest with 94.6 points out of 100. MetLife came in second space with a score of 86.8 .
sexual conquest :
5/5 Affordability 4.2/5 User Satisfaction 4.5/5 fiscal constancy More About Allstate In summation to standard coverage, Allstate gives renters access to extra auspices. Policyholders can add flood and personal umbrella policy at an excess monetary value. Utah renters with a security system or multiple policies can get discounts. Allstate ’ s photograph logarithm tool allows you to keep track of your possessions and determine how much coverage you may need. 2
4.4/5 Affordability 4/5 User Satisfaction 4.5/5 fiscal constancy More About MetLife In addition to the standard coverage, identity larceny protective covering is included in every policy. Utah renters have the choice to add forte packages for luxury items, electronics, sports equipment and more. MetLife offers 24/7 customer service support by telephone. 3
4.1/5 Affordability 4.1/5 User Satisfaction 5/5 fiscal stability More About State farm Policyholders with State Farm can include customize coverage like identity larceny protection, earthquake coverage and more for an supernumerary monetary value. Getting a quotation only takes a few minutes with the aid of State Farm ’ s on-line tool. Discounts are available to customers who bundle policies and have home safety devices. 4
4.3/5 Affordability 4.2/5 User Satisfaction 4/5 fiscal constancy More About american Family Utah renters can get standard coverage from american Family. They can besides pay supernumerary for identity larceny and locomotion protection. Customers who bundle policies or have a smart home can qualify for discounts. It only takes a few seconds to get a quote on the company ’ s web site. 5
sexual conquest :
3.7/5 Affordability 4.6/5 User Satisfaction
4/5 fiscal stability More About Farmers Farmers is known for offering insurance plans with high-value coverage. Policyholders can customize their indemnity to include protective covering for their electronics or identity larceny. Discounts are available to customers who bundle policies, have a security arrangement or a open fire alarm. You can easily get a quote on their web site.
Largest Renters Insurance Companies in Utah
Based on market share data, the five biggest companies in Utah are State Farm with 16.58 % of the market parcel, Farmers ( 11.34 % ), Allstate ( 10.31 % ), Bear River Mutual ( 7.66 % ) and Liberty Mutual ( 6.93 % ). together, these five indemnity carriers make up more than 52 % of renters indemnity policies in Utah. Choosing to get renters insurance from larger companies offer certain advantages. For example, policyholders can be more confident that a bigger company will be able to pay out legitimate claims since they are more financially stable .
- company market share
- 1. state farm 16.6 %
- 2. Farmers 11.3 %
- 3. Allstate 10.3 %
- 4. Bear River 7.7 %
- 5. Liberty Mutual 6.9 %
- 6. USAA 6.7 %
- 7. American Family 5.9 %
- 8. Auto-Owners Insurance Co 4.3 %
- 9. Travelers 3.5 %
- 10. farm Bureau Mutual ( IA Group ) 2.9 %
Average Cost of Renters Insurance in Utah
renters indemnity is equal to the average. The average cost of renters insurance in Utah is $ 107 per year, which is $ 52 less than the national average. This means that Utah renters typically pay $ 9 monthly, which is $ 4 less than the national average. These rates are for a policy with personal property coverage of $ 20,000, liability coverage of $ 100,000 and a deductible of $ 500. Renters looking for significant savings should shop around and compare renters policy quotes. For model, an median consumer could save up to $ 82 annually by choosing Allstate, the cheapest supplier in the express, rather of USAA, the most expensive choice. This equals about $ 6 per month in savings.
What Factors Impact Renters Insurance Cost in Utah
respective factors influence the cost of renters policy in Utah. These can include criteria like your ZIP code, deductible and coverage amount. When shopping around for quotes, be indisputable to keep these things in mind .
- Location: Your ZIP code can impact your insurance rates. People living in neighborhoods that have higher rates of property theft or bad weather tend to pay more for insurance.
- Coverage Amount: How much coverage you want will influence your premiums. It may help to do a home inventory before getting a quote so you know exactly how much coverage you need.
- Deductible: Your deductible is the amount you pay when your insurance company approves your claim. Higher deductibles can help you save on your premium, but you’ll have to pay more out of pocket when you file a claim. Lower deductibles will increase your renters insurance cost, but you’ll pay less if you file a claim.
- Actual Cash Value (ACV) vs. Replacement Cost Value (RCV): Insurance companies pay out your claims on either an actual cash value (ACV) or replacement cost value (RCV) basis. If you choose an ACV policy, you’ll likely have cheaper monthly premiums. However, payouts during a claim will be less since your insurance company will consider the depreciation of your property’s value over time. With an RCV policy, you’ll pay a higher premium, but your insurance will pay you for a new item of similar kind and quality if you file a claim.
- Credit Score: Policyholders with lower credit scores are more likely to file a claim. As a result, carriers may charge them higher premiums than those with great credit scores.
Compare Renters Insurance Rates
guarantee you ‘re getting the best pace for your renters insurance. Compare quotes from the top policy companies. widget-location-pin
Renters Insurance in Utah : What You Need to Know
Purchasing renters insurance is a low-cost way of protecting your personal place from damage. Having a policy can be helpful if you experience larceny, displace or end from badly weather. In Utah, 25.3 % of the population are renters and the average rent price is $ 1,098 per month. For an average consumer with $ 20,000 in personal property coverage, $ 100,000 in liability coverage and a $ 500 deductible policy, the median monthly premium is $ 9. This is 0.82 % of the price of lease.
What Renters Insurance Typically Covers in Utah
It is crucial to understand what your renters policy covers and what it does not. While some policies may offer extra auspices like identity larceny, typical policies cover personal property, extra living expenses, liability policy and medical payments coverage. In Utah, personal place coverage protects renters from damages caused by wildfires, lightning and windstorms.
What Renters Insurance Typically Does Not Cover in Utah
Renters insurance in Utah protects you from many types of emergencies. however, certain events are not covered. here are some of the common issues that are typically not included in renters insurance policies .
- Flooding: Renters insurance will protect your property if you have water main damage or a broken pipe. However, it will not cover you in the event of flooding caused by natural disasters. If you want this type of coverage, you can look into a policy from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Earthquake Damage: Most renters insurance policies do not cover damage caused by earthquakes. You will need to purchase additional coverage if you’d like this included in your policy.
- Structural Damage: While your personal property is protected by renters insurance, damage to your rental’s structure is not. This is your landlord’s responsibility.
- Roommate Property: Your renters insurance won’t cover your roommate’s property unless they are named in your plan. If they want coverage, they need to purchase their own policy.
- Expensive Items: In most situations, renters insurance in Utah excludes high-end and expensive items. If you want to protect these items, you should consider purchasing an additional rider.
It is crucial to read the ticket print before purchasing a policy so you understand what is covered and what is not. Ask your agent to clarify things if you have any questions. Doing this will lessen the chances of your claims being denied.
FAQs About Renters Insurance in Utah
Renters insurance is not a state prerequisite. however, landlords may ask you to purchase a policy as separate of your lease agreement .
While renters indemnity is not required by law in Utah, it can be a low-cost way to protect your place .
Yes, landlords in Utah can require renters indemnity as a condition of your rent .
For an average consumer in Utah with $ 20,000 in personal property coverage and $ 100,000 in indebtedness coverage, MoneyGeek found that the average monthly premium is $ 9 .
MoneyGeek ’ s research shows that Allstate offers the cheapest renters policy in Utah .
Compare Renters Insurance Rates
guarantee you ‘re getting the best rate for your renters policy. Compare quotes from the top insurance companies. widget-location-pin
Renters Insurance in Utah Analysis: Methodology
MoneyGeek analyzed renters indemnity premiums from six of the clear policy companies in Utah that were provided in partnership with Quadrant. Our analysis includes quotes from ZIP codes across Utah. Quotes were gathered for policies with personal place coverage of $ 20,000, $ 50,000 and $ 100,000 ; liability coverage of $ 100,000 and a deductible of $ 500. About the Author
The MoneyGeek editorial team has decades of combine know in writing and publish information about how people should manage money and credit. Our editors have worked with numerous publications including The Washington Post, The Daily Business Review, HealthDay, and Time, Inc., and have won numerous journalism awards. Our talented team of contributing writers include mortgage experts, veteran fiscal reporters, and award-winning journalists. Learn more about the MoneyGeek team .