This post was death update on July 29, 2021.
increasingly, shoppers are moving on-line to make purchases that they once would have made in person. Businesses that once would ’ ve had only a brick-and-mortar storehouse are now moving on-line american samoa well to take advantage of this tendency.
Wix currently supports 700K+ active eCommerce stores in 190 countries around the world.
Setting up an on-line memory is easier than always thanks to platforms like Wix eCommerce. however, the attention you pay to detail in setting up your memory can be the difference between success and failure.
Optimizing your shoppers journey, improving their experience and driving sales begins with a thoughtful frame-up of your on-line storehouse.
Read on for best practices and tips for setting up your online store from startle to establish, so you can create a sound structure that will scale with your business as it grows.
The essential steps to building your online store with Wix eCommerce:
01. Create your online storefront
well web site plan can make or break your on-line business.
In eCommerce, good design sits at the intersection of form and function ; the combination of social organization and design elements that help move shoppers through the buy journey as fluidly and deliciously as possible.
Choosing an eCommerce template
To get started, decide what kind of eCommerce web site template will best courtship the needs of your memory. The first thing to consider is the size of your product catalog.
For a large product catalog: Consider a template that comes pre-built with several intersection categories, deep search, and store seafaring functions. This will help organize your catalog, and allow your customers to easily shop your site.
example : Ruby Love has built an empire deal period proof underwear and swimsuit. With 500+ products on their locate, the storehouse remains drug user friendly by including search, drop down menus, and grouping their products into easy-to-browse collections.
For a small product catalog: Choose a template that puts your products front and plaza and showcases your entire catalogue from your home page.
case : family owned Velocirax sells six different models of self-lowering bicycle racks, along with a humble collection of rack accessories. The entire collection of racks are displayed on the home page, making it slowly for shoppers to find and select the size and model they want.
For just one product: Choose a template that focuses on a agile buyer run by putting your product at the center and focusing on a immediate buy experience.
case : DIVINIA water has grown to over $ 1.5 million in tax income sell just one item : impurity free water in glass bottles. Each fold of their site highlights a unclutter CTA, creating a bare path to buy.
Ready to get started?
Wix has 100s of professional on-line store templates for you to choose from, already optimized to fit the needs of many unlike storehouse types. Browse designs by industry, including smasher, electronics, food, and more. For further inhalation, check out this solicitation of 15 high-converting eCommerce web site templates or view our Wix Learn tutorials for getting your store set up.
Customize your store
once you ’ ve selected an eCommerce template that suits the needs of your shop, customize your template ’ randomness design to fit your brand identity by customizing colors, fonts, inserting photos, and designing the layout of your pages. A hard mark identity sets your business aside on-line and builds believe with electric potential customers.
Think of your invention elements the same manner you would think about light, music, and layout in a brick-and-mortar occupation ; your design should create an ambiance that is immediately apprehensible and distinct to your mark.
If you ’ ra concerned in professional aid for your web site ‘s purpose, pair up with a talented professional designer in the Wix Marketplace.
Design that sells
Most importantly, design your on-line store to sell more. These features can improve your conversions :
- Clear navigation: The best eCommerce sites avail customers navigate their storefronts. Organize your on-line store with menus, categories and filters. Add a search box so shoppers can find what they ’ rhenium looking for right away .
- Bold call-to-action (CTA) buttons: Guide customers through their shop experience. From “ Buy now ” to “ Learn More, ” keep your CTA text brief and clear. Make each button stand out with attention-getting colors and sizes that complement your site design .
- Visible shopping cart: When customers add items to their cart, show them it was registered. Make your cart picture stand out in the header by using colors that contrast with your background .
- Turbo site speed: Wix sites are optimized to load faster than ever. One thing to do on your end, place dense files, like videos, lower on your pages .
- Optimize for mobile: The majority of your customers will visit your site on mobile. however, particularly with luxury products, a significant number of customers will finally complete their purchases on background. Every Wix web site is automatically optimized to look capital on mobile, but the more you change on the background interpretation, the more you may need to adjust on the mobile position. Make sure to review both background and mobile layouts of your shop throughout the design action .
02. Add your products
now, build the core of your on-line store : add the products you plan to sell.
Your product pages are your sales pages: the content you provide here is what your shoppers will use to decide if they want to purchase.
Wix eCommerce automatically creates individual intersection pages as you add stock to your shopfront. If you ’ re creating a fresh product catalogue from abrasion, upload your products individually to your store on your splashboard. To upload all your products at once, format your armory in a CSV charge, or use Cart2Cart, an app that will move your existing products over to your newly memory. If you choose an on-line store template, it will already include strong CTAs and an optimized layout to sell, but the contentedness that you add to these pages is pivotal to a successful on-line memory.
Create product pages that convert
Customers won ’ thymine buy your product unless they are confident that they know what it looks like. Professional product images hook likely customers by creating excitation for your product and giving a clear theme of what you ’ re sell. Taking your own product images ? Read up on Product Photography 101.
here are some tips to keep in mind as you add your merchandise images :
- JPGs : In most cases, you ’ ll want your images to be JPGs which are high quality and won ’ thymine slow your pages down. edit, resize or add a filter to any image or photograph using the integrated Wix Photo Editor .
- Different types of photos: For each product, include both minimalist product photos ( high quality images of your intersection against a solid color background ) and an active product photo, ( a life style image that showcases your product and gives an mind of size, paroxysm, or use. )
- Different perspectives: Show products from multiple angles, and enable the rapid climb feature to give customers a detail look .
- Display product variations: Include a photograph which displays each magnetic declination of your product ( framework, color, practice ) .
- Product videos: Videos are a very effective cock in helping carry shoppers, and are particularly useful if your product requires assembly in any manner. You can create and add product videos using Wix Video Maker .
- Be consistent: By default, prototype thumbnails in your product gallery will be straight. You can change the double ratio to fit your needs. Whatever trope dimensions you choose, make sure they ’ rhenium reproducible across intersection pages .
Product titles & descriptions
instructive intersection descriptions are a crucial room to establish trust with customers. well product descriptions increase credibility, which increases conversion.
As you write your product titles and descriptions, follow these best practices :
- Clear product names: Your product name should include at least one straightforward descriptor in the claim. For example, choose for “ Blue Power Headphones ” rather of “ Blue Power Ear Listeners. ”
- Keywords: Inserting keywords in your merchandise name and descriptions will help your product pages appear on your site search vitamin a well as search engines like Google .
- Relevant information: Include the information your shoppers need to make inform decisions, such as make, model, fit and care instructions for your products. Use this outer space to answer the questions you anticipate your customers may have .
- Your customer: Create descriptions that place your customer in the spotlight ; help them imagine themselves interacting with your product. Think about tone. How do your customers speak ? How do you want your product to make them feel ?
- Your policies: Include or link your ship, revert and refund policies in the description. That way, customers can decide to buy without needing to leave the product page .
Store features that grow sales
impregnable product images and descriptions are a good startle to optimize merchandise pages, but keep in mind : this is your opportunity to sell, indeed consume advantage by creating built-in customer support, cross-selling functions, and adding social proof, all which will help pave the path to purchase.
Add a relate products drift to each product to enhance the shopping experience and increase sales.
Wix stores that display related items on their product pages get an average of 43% more sales transactions.
Displaying customer reviews serves as brawny social proof for your product, giving shoppers more confidence to complete a buy. Reviews besides help your SEO, making it easier to find your products on search engines. The impact of customer reviews on gross is pass :
Wix stores that add 3rd party review apps see an average 10% increase both in their overall sales, and in the size of their average order value within the first 60 days.
Tools you can use to feature reviews:
- Wix Forms : Customize a form to get customer feedback on your site and products. Let them leave star topology ratings or more detail comments .
- Kudobuzz Reviews app : Collect and station feedback on your product pages. Send automated emails requesting reviews after a customer purchases .
- Customer Reviews app : collect reviews, testimonials and ratings. Select which feedback you want to publish on merchandise pages .
- Comments app : Accept and answer to customers ’ questions and feedback. Create a community of customers by enabling remark responses .
- Velo by Wix : Add your own code and cultivate with your Products database to create a custom-made reappraisal form .
Read more: How Much Does a Roof Replacement Cost?
Let visitors contact you in veridical time through an on-site chatbox. Customers overwhelmingly prefer live old world chat over call and e-mail subscribe, and this gives you an opportunity to seal the deal should shoppers have any hover questions before they decide to buy.
Wix stores that offer live chat see an average of 8-12 times higher revenue, and those that recommend products to customers via live chat generate an average of 71% more sales.
Your shoppers need to understand what they ’ rhenium getting into when they buy from your store. clear, upfront, and easily accessible embark and return policies are key to building trust on-line. Edit the policy section in your storehouse template to reflect your terms and conditions.
You can provide extra data by adding an FAQ page to your shop with Wix FAQ.
Looking for some great examples of high-converting product pages ? Check out these product page examples for inspiration.
03. Accept online payments
nowadays for the fun part—getting paid.
To accept on-line payments, you need to connect at least one payment gateway ( a requital provider ) to your site. however, offering more than one requital option at check makes a adult impact on your overall gross.
On average, Wix stores with 3 or more payment methods have 39% higher sales revenue.
Payment options on Wix
- Wix Payments. Our native requital supplier gives you the most effective room to accept debit/credit card payments for your business without setting up a third-party requital gateway. With Wix Payments, you can offer recurring payments, subscriptions, extra payment methods and more, while managing your stallion clientele and payments—right from your Wix dashboard. choose U.S.-based Wix Merchants can sell on-line and in person using our own supplier for Wix Point of Sale ( POS ) .
- PayPal. Accept PayPal at checkout and open your storehouse to their across-the-board network of users. Feel release to add PayPal as an extra requital method, it works in concert with debit/credit cards ( read : Wix Payments ). If customers choose PayPal at check, they ’ ll be directed to PayPal ’ s web site to cursorily complete the purchase. Once they ’ ve paid, they ’ ll be sent back to your on-line memory .
- Stripe. If you decide not to use Wix Payments, you can select Stripe for debit/credit card payments. Stripe presently accepts 135+ currencies and supports recurring payments .
- Buy now, give belated ( BNPL ). Get paid in full while letting your customers buy now and split their costs into low-cost payments over time. Add democratic BNPL solutions like Affirm, Afterpay, Sezzle and more .
- Wix Point of Sale ( POS ). Unify all your on-line and in-person sales with Wix POS. Accept payments from customers in person, at your physical store or when selling on the adam, like at a festival, market or pop-up book. Wix POS is available to select U.S.-based Wix Stores users and includes a give POS solution for Wix Events, excessively .
Discover the broad network of payment providers offered on Wix.
To start accepting payments on-line, go to your dashboard, pawl Settings and choice Accept Payments. Choose from over 50 of the best on-line payment gateways worldwide for your business and placement. however your customers pay, you ’ ll be able to review all your payments in detail from your Wix splashboard.
Set shipping rates
Calculate embark in your on-line store by defining your ship regions and rates. You can add custom-made rules to incentivize purchases, like unblock embark for purchases over $ 100. You can besides give customers options for expedite ship.
There are many ways to approach how you determine shipping methods and rates. While offering rid transport may not be feasible for all on-line stores, it does serve as a hard bonus for on-line shoppers :
Wix eCommerce stores that offer free shipping have an average of 18% higher average order value.
If you have a brick-and-mortar location, offering in-store tone arm and local anesthetic pitch can be a dear direction to foster loyalty with local customers.
Wix stores that offer in-store pickup have an average of 10% higher revenue.
To include store tax at checkout, you can enter tax rates manually in your dashboard.
It ’ randomness authoritative to note, however, that tax rules can be complicated depending on where you are based, where your customers are based, and what you sell. Wix works with an automated third-party software, Avalara, to provide automatize tax rates in real-time for transactions across the US, the EU, and around the world, so you don ’ t have to calculate your store ’ south tax yourself. The Avalara tax calculator works with up-to-date tax rules based on your region. Activate Avalara in your store Tax settings by entering your occupation localization.
Send automated order confirmations
Customers expect communication about their arrange condition, which you can set up and send mechanically with Order Email Notifications.
Your Wix Store comes with four preloaded automatic emails : order confirmation electronic mail, shipping confirmation electronic mail, resend download links email, which lets you resend download links to digital products, and a cook for pickup e-mail, if you ’ re doing curbside pickup.
Edit these templates to fit your post and set them to send automatically so your communication is clear and reproducible to your customers.
With Ascend by Wix you can besides add a image of customized automated emails, such as abandoned cart automations, to boost sales and customer date.
04. Get found on search
Driving relevant traffic to your on-line store is the beginning step on your direction to making sales, which is why SEO—search engine optimization—is one of the most crucial steps in setting up your eCommerce business.
SEO helps search engines like Google index your site, and can increase your sites visibility on search engine results pages.
Wix SEO Wiz
Wix SEO Wiz is a bit-by-bit plan designed to help you improve your web site ‘s SEO. It walks you through setting up the basics, and shows you how you can continue to boost your on-line presence over time. As you grow your on-line store, you can use this feature to track your achievements and success.
To get started, enter your business localization and keywords. then, with one suction stop, get your web site indexed on Google. To take a more active function in your search rankings, check out the Wix SEO Guide. Learn how to research keywords to find the crown search terms used by your target audience. These keywords will help you write SEO-friendly page descriptions and product text. To get more relevant keywords, tap into tools like Google Trends and predictive text in research.
Google My Business
Google My Business ( GMB ) is a barren tool for organizations and businesses with a physical address to manage their on-line presence across Google Search and Google Maps. With Google My Business you can attract local traffic, profit insights into how your customers find you on the web, and manage customer reviews.
Claim your Google My Business listing on your Wix dashboard under Marketing & SEO. Manage your business profile details in your Wix report as they change over time. You can update your photos to showcase new goods and services, or update your open hours and contact details. Any edits to your profile information on Wix are besides saved in your Google profile.
05. Publish & manage your store
With the previous steps in position, your shop is fix to go live ! Choose a light and attention-getting web site sphere list. Make it your demand shop appoint if possible to help customers find you. Secure a new domain through Wix or connect a world you already own. Once you choose a domain name, preview your web site to make sure everything looks justly, and publish your store.
now that your store is set up and live, get acquainted with the tools you will use to run and grow your business.
Wix Analytics shows you how visitors engage with your occupation, so you can organize your work flows, manage your customer relationships, and maximize your sales. There are three views here : dealings overview, sales overview, and people overview.
Traffic overview: here you can see your site visits ampere good as singular visitors, and school term duration. You ‘ll besides be able to view your key dealings sources and the devices customers are using to shop your locate. Sales overview: here you ‘ll see your total sales, number of orders, average order value, and the top deal products. People overview: In this section you can see your customers, new web site members, active leads, and top spending customers in a hardening menstruation of meter. Reports: Your Wix site comes with prebuilt reports to help you make better occupation decisions for your web site. Choose from any of the preset reports here, or build your own reports to better drill down into the most important data for running your on-line store.
Wix Owner App
Download the Wix Owner App to run your on-line memory from anywhere. Review your orders and gross, add new products, adjust ship and tax settings, offer coupons and create social posts. View all your transactions from your call.
Depending on your region, you can besides accept payments from customers on the belong, whether you ’ rhenium sell at a impermanent localization or run into a customer on the street, by setting up a mobile point of sale.
Next step: Marketing your online store
now that you know how to start an on-line storehouse, get it out there. Explore the built-in customer management and market tools from Ascend by Wix. well create professional promo videos, social posts and e-mail campaigns, all from your Wix locate. Standout eCommerce selling strategies will help you attract new visitors, connect with your customers and start deal.
When you set up an on-line store with Wix, you are joining a ball-shaped community of entrepreneurs. connect with our on-line Community and join the conversation with chap eCommerce professionals.
The Wix eCommerce on-line courses offers bit-by-bit steering on building your eCommerce business, with resources created by successful Wix Merchants, eComm agencies and insider experts.
For other FAQs discipline out the Wix eCommerce Help Center, with hundreds of articles created to help you succeed in building your on-line store.
Ready to get started? Create your online store today.
Brielle Gordon Marketing Writer, Wix eCommerce
Brielle is a Colorado native with a heat for invention and helping to mobilize entrepreneurs. Brielle is a market writer for Wix eCommerce, which powers over 700k on-line stores worldwide .