Accept Tips with the Square App
Customize your Square app settings to accept tips electronically or on a print acknowledge. All tip amounts are viewable from your payment history .
Enable Tipping In-App
- From the navigation prevention at the penetrate of your screen, rap More .
- Tap Settings > Checkout > Tipping .
- Toggle Collect Tips to on and select between showing your tip options on the touch screen or on a disjoined screen.
If you opt not to display a Separate Tipping Screen, tipping options will be shown on the signature screen.
If choose to display a Separate Tipping Screen, your customers can select a tip after the payment has processed.
Note : If Allow Custom Amounts is enabled and the pre-set amounts are all fit to 0 %, Square Point of Sale will hide these amounts and display only the Custom Tip Amount and No Tip options .
Enable Sign and Tip on Printed Receipts
From the Square app on io or Android devices, you can use sign and tip off on print receipts to allow your customers to add a tip off and augury for purchases on newspaper receipts. Transactions must be settled with a concluding requital amount, including any add tip, within 36 hours .
Select between Smart Tip or Custom Tip amounts .
Smart Tip Amounts
When Smart Tip Amounts is turned on, tipping works as follows :
- If a transaction is less than $ 10, the available tip options are : No Tip, $ 1, $ 2 or $ 3 .
- For a transaction $ 10 or more, the available topple options are : No Tip, 15 %, 20 % or 25 %.
Custom Tip Amounts
Enabling percentage amounts allows you to set three custom amounts, which you can adjust at any fourth dimension. To create custom tipping amounts :
- Tap Set Percentage Amounts within your lean settings .
- Tap each sum field to enter your custom-made share .
- To allow your customers to enter a tip come of their choose, toggle switch Allow Custom Amounts to on .
Note: Setting your fixed percentage amounts to 0 % will alone give your customers the ability to enter a custom gratuity come .
Depending on the size of your sale, the maximal custom tip limits are as follows :
- If a transaction is below $ 3, then the maximal custom tip sum is $ 3.
Read more: Average Credit Card Debt in America: 2021
- If a transaction is over $ 3, then the utmost customs tip sum can be up to 100 % of the transaction .
- If a transaction is over $ 200, then the utmost custom peak amount can be up to 50 % of the transaction, astir to $ 1,000 .
You will need to select if you would like your tips to be added before or after your taxes have been applied to the sale .