not lone does a solid marketing plan help couples find the venue that they ‘re looking for, but it can lead to a significant increase in tax income at your property, besides. Couples spend $ 100 billion on weddings in the U.S. each year, and these special events represent up to 20 % of group commercial enterprise for hotels .
therefore whether you’re just starting to offer marry services or want to revamp your marketing strategy, or whether you’re a hotel with ballroom outer space or a barn that ‘s been hosting weddings for 25 years, check out these marketing tips to start growing your marry business nowadays .
Discover 11 wedding venue marketing tips to reach more couples and increase bookings:
1. Market your wedding venue around what couples want.
Before doing anything, look at your commercialize plan through the eyes of who you’re marketing to. While your audience includes planners ( more on that former ), the main customer in this case is couples. For hotels, that ‘s a meaning exchange from the common prey hearing. While the change may feel daunting, it actually provides a massive opportunity to broaden your reach.
Conduct research on what couples want from a marry venue, and adjust your offerings — and your market — consequently .
2. Advertise on the channels couples use.
Your commercialize efforts will fall short if they are n’t being directed to the correctly people at the right time. Most couples book a venue within a match months of becoming engaged. This means that the window to earn their business is normally pretty belittled. Do n’t let it close without getting your venue in battlefront of them. here are a few ways to go about doing barely that :
- Create targeted Facebook ads. The social media platform allows you to customize ad campaigns based on a users’ age, location, relationship status, interests, and more.
- Get on Pinterest. The platform states that 40 million people use it as a wedding planning tool each year, so creating an ad campaign to reach couples can go a long way.
- Attend in-person events. In-person promotion will always be a valuable marketing tool, and it’s no different for wedding venues. Consider attending bridal expos and creating a booth that makes you stand out from the competition.
3. Update your website.
Your web site is the central hub for all information related to your placement. It should intelligibly list all of your marry offerings, and those offerings should be easy to understand and navigate. Let ‘s use The Biltmore in Miami as an example. The hotel ‘s home page displays six landing pages within the navigation legal profession at the crown : hotel, room and suites, places to dine, things to do, weddings, and meetings and events. Right away, users are made mindful of the hotel ‘s offerings. The use of “ weddings ” — as opposed to a yellow journalism for “ events, ” followed by a “ weddings ” subsection, for model — removes the indigence for any extra navigation .
once landing on the weddings foliate, users are met with a breadth of user-friendly, visually-appealing information. There ‘s a short description of the hotel ‘s marry offerings, call-to-action buttons to request a proposal or follow the hotel on social media, a handful of photos and videos from past weddings, and a list of all the classify landing pages needed to find out more data .
4. Ensure that your marketing strategy prioritizes SEO.
Having a web site that ‘s slowly to navigate does n’t mean much if it ‘s not easy to find. That ‘s why prioritize search locomotive optimization should be a crucial region of your venue’s commercialize design. A solid SEO scheme will lead to more exposure and more high-quality leads. A few key areas to focus on :
- Keywords: These are the terms you want your website/webpage to rank for on search engines. Conduct keyword research using tools like Google Keyword Planner. This shows you historical data, average monthly searches, competition levels for keywords, and more.
- Title tags: This is the name of a webpage. It’s what shows up on users’ browser tabs, in search engine results, and on social media. Use your target keywords here, but avoid keyword stuffing. For example: The Hay Adams in Washington, D.C. uses the title tag, “Luxury Washington DC Wedding Venue” on its weddings landing page, and it’s the only venue that ranks on the first page of Google’s search results for that term.
- URLs: This is another way to help Google understand what your website, and each page within it, is about. Remember to pick keywords that focus on what users can expect to find on each page (i.e. reception space or venue contact information). Also, avoid lengthy, keyword-stuffed URLs — Google recommends keeping them “simple.”
- Local SEO: This simply means emphasizing your location as a selling point for search engines. Couples rarely just search for “wedding venue.” They want a venue that meets their location requirements, so a phrase like “outdoor North Carolina wedding venue” is a great example of this.
- Image optimization: Make sure photo file names contain relevant keywords. Once you add an image to your website, edit the alt text to reflect that keyword and subject. Reduce the file size of your images, too, to help speed up your load time. Tools like Tiny PNG are a great way to do this without compromising quality.
- User experience. Google recently announced that user experience will soon directly correlate to page rankings. In other words, if a website isn’t user friendly, the chances of it ranking high on a search engine results page decreases. User experience takes a lot of things into account, but one key factor is page speed. Get started analyzing your website/webpages using Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool.
5. Revamp your social media channels.
It ‘s not adequate to fair have a social media bearing. now more than ever, it ‘s overriding that hotels and consequence venues take steps to stand out on multiple social media platforms. hera are a few tactics to use :
- Post often. This will be different for every location, but establish a cadence and stick to it. And remember: Don’t post just to post.
- Use hashtags. An Instagram post with at least one hashtag receives 12.6% more engagement than a post without a hashtag. But just like your social media posting schedule and your keyword selection, don’t overdo it. Narrow it down to a handful of relevant hashtags for each post.
- Prioritize engagement. Not only is high engagement (likes, comments, etc.) important when it comes to increasing the chance of conversions, but person-to-person social media interactions (i.e. a venue’s Instagram account responding to a comment left on a photo) are a great way to increase brand awareness and forge relationships, too.
- Work with vendors. You want every person who’s involved in weddings at your venue to have a positive experience. That goes for the vendors, too. It’s a simple gesture, but tagging them in posts can go a long way in helping promote their business. It also sets the stage for them to do something similar.
- Update your bios. Ensure that every social media bio links back to your website. Also make sure you include links in the majority of your social media posts, especially those that may require additional information.
6. Leverage testimonials and reviews.
According to a 2019 study from WeddingWire, reviews and photos are the most crucial factors couples consider when deciding which vendors to reach out to while planning their marriage. The study besides states that approximately 80 % of couples consider reviews to be “ very authoritative, ” and notes that couples are more likely to consider booking with a seller that has both positive and negative reviews than no reviews at all .
Of course, providing stellar customer service and memorable experiences is the No. 1 way to garner incontrovertible reviews. But what about promoting those positive reviews ? And what about those awful negative reviews ? First, be certain you ‘re listed on sites like TripAdvisor, Yelp and Google My Business. Promote the positive reviews on your web site and social media channels, and be sure to respond to any negative reviews in a heedful manner. Be understand and provide a solution.
As for testimonials : Consider adding a section to your web site dedicated entirely to customer quotes and stories .
7. Utilize video footage and virtual tours when marketing your wedding venue.
A recent study predicts that the average person will spend 100 minutes per day watching on-line videos by 2021. Another recent survey found that 89 % of marketers say video gives them a dependable ROI. additionally, 83 % say video helps them with moderate generation, and 87 % say it has increased overall web site traffic. Put simply : Video should be part of your commercialize efforts. here are a few ideas :
- Create a promo video using footage from past weddings. Give it prominent placement on your website and share it on all social media channels.
- Offer virtual tours. These tours aren’t intended to replace in-person walkthroughs, but instead give couples a chance to view their options from home. Use The Peninsula Chicago as inspiration. The luxury hotel allows couples to tour six venue spaces using high-definition, 360-degree virtual tour technology. Couples can click on their desired space and walk through the area as if they’re actually there.
- Remember those reviews and testimonials we wrote about above? Work with planners, vendors and couples to create a video highlighting the great experiences people have had at your venue. Just like the promo video, be sure to share it on your website and on social.
- Take people behind the scenes. Couples love to share a personal connection with anyone who will be involved in their big day. Consider creating a video showcasing your incredible staff and all that goes into creating a wedding.
8. Get listed in online venue directories.
Wedding touch, for example, processes more than 200,000 request each year, giving venues a streamlined manner to attract business. The venue-only directory makes it easy for couples to find you, and gives couples everything they need to move forward .
“ I was getting frustrated using other sites, ” said Sally Phung, a bride who booked her venue using Wedding Spot. “ Through Wedding Spot, I found our perfect venue … which I had never heard of earlier, and within one week I had it booked. ”
9. Get featured in publications.
explore ways to get your venue featured in publications — from local magazines and blogs to national news organizations. Do n’t be afraid to dream adult. If you have something at your venue that makes it unique, cant history ideas to publications. Getting a story on respect platforms leads to extra exposure and post awareness. It can besides lead to a boost in your domain authority, excessively, american samoa long as links to your website are included in the article. These are called backlinks, and they ‘re viewed by search engines as a “ vote of assurance ” from one site to another .
10. Build planner relationships.
Go above and beyond when working with wedding planners. viva-voce market is inactive authoritative, and there are few people in the marry industry more influential than planners. If a planner or one of their couples has a negative feel at your venue, the odds of them recommending you to future couples diminishes significantly .
To increase your photograph and give planners a positive know, keep your Cvent Supplier Network profile up-do-date and full moon of information. besides, consider using Cvent Event Diagramming to dramatically increase their feel and help them envision their event at your venue.
Read more: Average Credit Card Debt in America: 2021
11. Consider viral marketing.
Whether you create a social media campaign that awards one winning pair a 50 % discount rate on your marry services or create a video recording showcasing the most heartwarming moments from weddings that took place at your venue, viral marry venue market is a bang-up way to grow your clientele. Take Glencliff Manor, a wedding and events venue in Lynchburg, Virginia, for model. The venue hosted 45 exempt weddings in May 2020 ascribable to COVID-19, giving couples a chance to tie the knot during a unmanageable time. The decision led to much promotion, including a drawn-out profile in The New York Times .
Revamp your wedding venue marketing today!
Remember : The marriage industry is massive, and chances are, there ‘s tons of untapped gross for you to take advantage of. Use the above market tips for divine guidance, and be indisputable to check out our blog post on how to start a marry venue commercial enterprise for more inspiration .
Let us help you grow your marry venue occupation