Using Facebook Audience Insights, marketers can create unique personas to reach people based on basics like age and localization. We all know Facebook ad categories are anything but basic with categories ranging from recess to downright wyrd like friends of newlyweds, kin members of expats, and even folks concerned in ecotourism .
Despite Facebook ’ s expansive capabilities, 66 % of B2Bs running paid campaigns hush struggle in figuring out how to target clientele owners on Facebook. If Facebook ads have you feeling overwhelmed, beat down, or stressed, you ’ re in the right position .
nowadays we ’ ll explain some of the best Facebook B2B advertising categories and how to use them to their full electric potential.
Key takeaways for targeting businesses on Facebook
A Few Tips for Figuring Out How to Target Business Owners on Facebook
Facebook ad spend has surged. In 2017, businesses spent 324 million on Facebook ads, but by 2019, that figured flew to over $ 1.5 billion .
Compared to LinkedIn, many B2Bs find that Facebook delivers better results because it ’ sulfur more personal. Plus, over 140 million businesses use Facebook apps as of October 2019 .
Before we cover the most effective categories, though, let ’ s go over some necessity tips to optimize how you target business owners on Facebook :
- Combine multiple ad categories to create a unique persona: You don’t have to use the audiences below in isolation. Layer relevant categories like job title, industry, and technology to create distinct audiences for each of your buyer personas.
- Optimize your business page: Make sure your branding and page content are on-point before running a new targeted campaign.
- Set up specific landing pages: Facebook lets you create in-app landing pages to nurture your leads. If you don’t use Facebook’s landing page feature, you should at least create your own dedicated landing pages for each campaign, so they load faster than your regular domain and keep visitors focused.
- Consider the stage of the buying cycle: Using information you’ve collected through Facebook Pixel (more on that below) or your favorite analytics tool, do your best to design each campaign for a buyer’s specific stage of the funnel. Your Facebook B2B advertising will end up much more relevant and boost your chances of conversion.
- Keep is simple: Each paid Facebook campaign deserves its own call-to-action. A single CTA keeps visitors focused on the task and prevents any confusion. Plus, your ads will be more relevant.
How to Target Business Owners on Facebook: 15 Strategies to Reach the Right People
not every targeting strategy below will be the best fit for your business. Keep your buyer character handy as you run through the list so you can take notes .
1. How to Target Business Owners on Facebook with Facebook Pixel
Anyone running Facebook ads MUST integrate their site with Facebook Pixel. Facebook Pixel is a small assemble of code that gives you better insights into your audiences and campaigns. You can do things like :
- Create dynamic ads for Facebook users who visited your website.
- Measure your conversions across multiple devices.
- Optimize your audience to reach Facebook users most likely to act.
When you run a Facebook Pixel on your site, you can get a better grok on things like trade name awareness. This is because you ’ ll know if person converted after merely seeing your ad even if they didn ’ triiodothyronine interact with it .
Plus, Facebook Pixel is then easy to install ; you have no reason not to use it !
2. How to Target Business Owners on Facebook with Lookalike Audiences
After you link a Facebook Pixel with your web site, you can create custom lookalike audiences. Start with existing criteria you ’ ve collected on your consultation. For exemplar, you might start with groups like :
- B2Bs who visited your website as prospects and converted into leads
- Leads who ended up converting into customers
- Your most loyal customers or accounts
Facebook will use its mysterious sauce to add more details so you can target the best commercial enterprise owners possible. This comes in handy for creating account-based marketing campaigns besides .
You can besides optimize your lookalike audience with data on your top-performing customers .
After you have a few lookalike audiences fix to go, you can further narrow down your clientele owners to target on Facebook with location, age group, job role, industry, and more .
3. Target Page Admins with Facebook B2B Advertising
Targeting page admins alone international relations and security network ’ t the best estimate. You don ’ triiodothyronine want to waste money reaching a 15-year-old behind a meme page. alternatively, aim business page admins, admins in specific industries, or combine other categories like job deed .
4. How to Target Business Owners on Facebook via Media Publications
Which websites, blogs, or news sources do your ideal business owners read ? Plug the name into the ad creator to target their Facebook followers .
5. Target Businesses on Facebook with B2B Job Titles
Targeting specific job titles within your hearing ensures your message is personalized and, therefore, more effective .
For model, you could create alone Facebook campaigns for distinct roles within the same company as contribution of an account-based marketing strategy. To target business owners, go right for the gold !
6. Use Facebook B2B Advertising to Target Unique Interests and Industries
Facebook ’ south advanced ad segments give you so many opportunities and subcategories to target like banking, invention, technology, and more .
7. Reach B2Bs Who Just Started a New Position
You ’ ll want to combine ad categories here to target occupation owners on Facebook. Start by adding CEO as a job style. next, tell the ad tool to target users who just started a fresh subcontract .
8. Target Business Owners on Facebook Who Use Facebook Payments
This clever category lets you target not lone people who spent money on Facebook within the past three months but the big spenders. Targeting this group comes in handy for reaching business owners on Facebook, key decision-makers, or B2Bs in control of company budgets .
9. Create B2B Facebook Ads Based on Technology Usage
Run a B2B SaaS startup ? This is the category for you. You can combine roles like management with high-tech users or owners specifically who dive head-first into new technical school :
You might besides target people at the management degree based on factors like device, browser, or operating system – perfect for an account-based strategy or software market .
10. Find and Target B2B Event Creators
Events might look a little different in 2020, but they ’ re however a critical part of B2B network and marketing. target business owners who recently created an event or those who are concerned in webinars .
11. How to Target Business Owners on Facebook with Your Email List
Facebook lets you upload your electronic mail tilt to reach leads with singular ads. Break your subscriber list up into groups based on their job entitle ( in this case, owner ) and stage of the buy cycle to personalize your campaigns .
12. Hone Your Account-Based Marketing by Targeting Companies
Run ABM campaign for CEOs at your target companies effortlessly. You can use the employer demographic to create singular campaigns for different job roles at each organization :
13. How to Target Business Owners on Facebook from Specific Generations
21 % of millennials working in B2B hold C-level positions and countless more influence in decision-making roles. Tech-savvy millennial buyers demand message that empowers them and makes their lives easier .
Narrow depressed your target by industry and job title before choosing a specific historic period group. You could run exchangeable campaigns for C-level employees but with varying linguistic process for each generation, for model .
14. Target Business Owners on Facebook via Your Followers (or a Competitor’s)
Facebook makes it ace easy to reach your competitors ’ customers. Just plug in a rival ’ s page ( or a few ) :
Follow this up by adding your aim caper title to reach owners or C-level employees. alternatively, reach the Facebook friends of your current followers who match the demographic of a business owner .
15. Use Ads Target Small Businesses on Facebook
sometimes the companies you want to reach preceptor ’ thymine have a significant adequate presence to show up in Facebook ’ s employer list. Just choose little business owner as a demographic .
following, narrow down your search using other demographics like digital behavior, placement, and interests to reach the precise type of business owners you want .
Read more: How Much Does a Roof Replacement Cost?
Figure Out How to Target Business Owners on Facebook in a Way that Works for You
Don ’ triiodothyronine become discouraged if your Facebook B2B ad doesn ’ thymine deliver the results you want justly away. It takes prison term to figure out how to target business owners on Facebook with the best scheme .
Your buyers and their respective businesses are all alone. Keep an eye on your metrics and try something new !
Need a little help getting your Facebook advertise strategy straight ? Book a unblock Facebook Consultation with our experts or give us a call now at 970-224-1494 .