For those who may not be familiar with the work of applying for commercial enterprise cards, in this military post I wanted to talk about Amex small occupation cards — what offers are available, what are the advantages of applying for Amex business cards, and how should you go about applying ?
The best Amex business cards
There are respective bang-up American Express clientele cards, including some cards earning Membership Rewards points, and some co-brand cards that can earn you valuable airline or hotel rewards.
The card that ’ s best for your small business will depend on what your travel goals are. Below are a few of my favorites .
Delta Business Amex
Delta and Amex have a co-brand menu portfolio, and that includes three business cards. presently, all three Delta business cards have limited time offers that expire on April 13, 2022 .
With the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card ( recapitulation ) :
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99 (Rates & Fees)
With the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card ( review ) :
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles & 5,000 MQMs after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months
- $250 annual fee (Rates & Fees)
With the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card ( recapitulation ) :
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles & 10,000 MQMs after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first three months
- $550 annual fee (Rates & Fees)
Redeem SkyMiles for travel in Delta One
Hilton Business Amex
Hilton and Amex have a co-brand card portfolio, and that includes the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card ( review ) :
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 130,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months. Plus, you can earn up to $130 in Statement Credits on eligible purchases made on the Card at any of the Hilton family hotels in the first 12 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 7/6/22
- $95 annual fee (Rates & Fees)
Receive complimentary breakfast with the Gold status that comes with the card
Marriott Business Amex
Marriott and Amex have a co-brand tease portfolio, and on the business side, they have the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card ( review ) :
- Earn 75,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months
- $125 annual fee (Rates & Fees)
Earn Marriott Bonvoy status more easily with a co-branded credit card
Blue Business Plus Amex
If you ’ ra looking for the best no annual fee Amex occupation card that earns Membership Rewards points, then The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express ( review ) is the clear winner. The tease besides has an improved welcome volunteer :
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months
- Earn 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 spent annually on all eligible purchases (and then 1x points after that)
- $0 annual fee (Rates & Fees)
Earn lots of Membership Rewards points with this card
Blue Business Cash Amex
a far as I ’ thousand concerned there ’ mho one excellent cash back Amex commercial enterprise circuit board, which has a by and large similar rewards structure to the Blue Business Plus, and that ’ s The Blue Business Cash™ Card from American Express ( revue ) :
- Earn a $250 statement credit after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $50,000 spent annually (and then 1% cash back after that)
- $0 annual fee (Rates & Fees)
This is the best Amex card for earning cash back
Business Gold Amex
If you ’ re looking for the best american stock exchange business circuit board with bonus categories that earns Membership Rewards points, then The American Express® Business Gold Card ( review ) is the obvious option :
- Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after spending $10,000 on purchases within the first three months
- $295 annual fee (Rates & Fees)
- The card offers 4x points in the two categories you spend most in each month, on a total of up to $150,000 in combined purchases every year; eligible categories include airfare purchased directly from airlines, U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, U.S. purchases at gas stations, U.S. purchases at restaurants, U.S. purchases for shipping, U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
Redeem Amex points for travel on Singapore Airlines
Business Platinum Amex
If you ’ rhenium looking for the best american stock exchange business calling card with perks like lounge access, then The Business Platinum Card® from American Express ( reappraisal ) is your best count :
- Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after spending $15,000 on purchases within the first three months
- Annual Fee: $695 (Rates & Fees)
- The card offers many perks that help offset it, including all kinds of credits, a Priority Pass membership (enrollment required), access to Delta SkyClubs when flying Delta same day, Amex Centurion Lounge access, and more
Access Amex Centurion Lounges with this card
Advantages of applying for Amex business cards
There are a few things worth knowing specifically about applying for Amex business cards. Anecdotally :
- Applying for Amex business cards doesn’t count toward Chase’s 5/24 limit; that’s because these applications typically aren’t reported on your personal credit report
- If you’re an existing Amex cardmember and apply for another Amex card, your credit won’t initially be pulled; this means that if you get a preliminary denial based on existing information, it won’t ding your credit score
- Among business cards, I find that Amex cards are significantly easier to be approved for than Chase or Citi cards, so it’s a great place to start if you’re getting your first business card
Restrictions on applying for Amex business cards
Amex ’ s cosmopolitan restrictions on applying for cards is as follows :
- You can generally have at most five Amex credit cards at any given point, which doesn’t include hybrid cards with no pre-set spending limit, like the Amex Business Gold; it doesn’t matter whether the credit cards are personal or business
- You can typically be approved for at most two American Express credit cards every 90 days, though there are some inconsistencies when it comes to that
How to fill out an Amex business card application
Those who already have business credit cards are credibly familiar with the application serve, but for those who aren ’ thyroxine, let ’ s spill about what you need to know .
It can be intimidating to apply for your first occupation card, though even if you ’ re a small clientele or sole proprietorship, you should be eligible. When applying for an Amex business poster, you ’ ll be asked the pursuit questions :
- Legal Business Name
- Business Address & Phone Number
- Industry Type
- Company Structure
- Years In Business
- Number Of Employees
- Annual Business Revenue
- Estimated Monthly Spend
- Federal Tax ID
If you ’ re a sole proprietorship, how should you approach this ? First of all, and most importantly, answer everything truthfully. I think the concern that a bunch of people have is that they think they need an incorporate business, a separate position, and so forth, in club to be considered for a business card. That ’ s not the case :
- You can use your name as your legal business name
- The business address and phone number can be the same as your personal address and phone number
- You can select “other” as your industry type, if the options don’t otherwise describe your business
- If you’re a sole proprietorship, you can select that as your company structure
- In terms of years in business, there’s no shame in saying it has been less than a year, one to two years, etc.
- In terms of the number of employees, saying just one is perfectly fine
- For the federal tax ID you can put your social security number
While a bunch of people are intimidated by applying for their first base business card, I think most are pleasantly surprised at the results. Again, the most significant thing is to always be truthful on the application .
American Express occupation cards can be very beneficial additions to your wallet, so hopefully this is useful for anyone who hasn ’ thyroxine yet applied for an Amex business card. even if you ’ re not person who has applied for Amex business cards in the past, you may be pleasantly surprised by the results .
At the moment there are some particularly good offers on Amex business cards, so this is a bang-up time to take advantage of one of these offers .
What has your experience been applying for Amex business cards?
The following links will direct you to the rates and fees for mention American Express Cards. These include : american Express® Business Gold Card ( Rates & Fees ), Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card ( Rates & Fees ), Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card ( Rates & Fees ), Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card ( Rates & Fees ), The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express ( Rates & Fees ), The Business Platinum® Card from American Express ( Rates & Fees ), The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card ( Rates & Fees ), Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card ( Rates & Fees ), and American Express® Blue Business Cash Card ( Rates & Fees ).