We hear this motion all the meter from our sellers. There are therefore many options, and getting originate on-line can feel overwhelm, particularly for sellers who have not owned an eCommerce business before .
What ’ mho one of the first gear decisions you make once you ’ re cook to make the motion on-line ? Choosing a web platform .
fortunately, Square works with a wide image of eCommerce platforms to exponent on-line payments, so we know a thing or two about the options available.
here are some questions to guide your decision make :
Sell more on-line with Square ’ s eCommerce solutions .Get Started
Do you already have a website?
If you like your current web site, or you ’ re not ready to invest in overhauling a newfangled locate good now, you may want to consider adding eCommerce capabilities to your existing web site. here are a few ways to do this ( while still using Square for payments ) :
- Square Online Store. Grow your business with a professional, beautiful eCommerce website. The easy-to-use online store builder allows you to sell online, offer curbside pickup, or local delivery, and sell through Facebook, Instagram, and more. And it integrates with your Square point of sale to keep online and in-person orders, items, and inventory in sync, all in one place.
- Upgrade to the eCommerce plan on your current website platform. If you use a platform like Wix, you can simply upgrade to a plan that includes online store functionality.
- Add an extension. If your website is built on a platform that doesn’t have a built-in eCommerce plan, you might consider these options:
- WooCommerce: Is your site built on WordPress? WooCommerce is the eCommerce extension for WordPress sites and may be a good option for adding an online store to your site. The best part? It has a Square-WooCommerce plugin so you can take payments through Square and sync up your in-person and online inventory.
- Ecwid: Ecwid, another platform that integrates with Square, allows you to add a shopping cart to any existing site, such as Instagram, Facebook, Squarespace, WordPress, and more.
- Use Square APIs. If you work with a developer, they may be able to build the denounce cart functionality you desire, and then connect it to Square payments via API. Our partner program allows resellers, web agencies, and systems integrators to use Square to create customs business solutions for you .
- Use Square Online Checkout](https://www.peterswar.net/us/en/online-checkout). For a simple way to accept credit card payments without a full online store, you can use Square Online Checkout. It generates a simple online checkout link or embed button, so you can create a link or button with your item name and a price, and share the link on your existing website, social media channels or in an email. Learn how to get started with Square Online Checkout.
Do you want to hire someone to build the site, or do it yourself? What about managing it?
Square works with respective DIY platforms that make it easy to build a professional-looking locate, no code required. This is a great option for sellers who want to get start cursorily and want the tractability to make changes and manage their web site ’ sulfur backend on their own .
even if you ’ re not comfortable design and construct the site yourself, you may want to think ahead to when you ’ re managing the locate. Do you want to keep a network developer on call, or hire one to be on staff ? If not, you could consider hiring person to build the locate for you, but ask them to use a DIY platform like BigCommerce, Wix, or GoDaddy so it ’ s easy for you to make updates late .
Are you more technical school understanding or would you feel more comfortable outsourcing site care to an agency, developer, or employee ? open-source or self-hosted platforms like WooCommerce, OpenCart, Magento, Drupal Commerce, and ZenCart are more flexible and customizable compared to DIY-style platforms .
Learn about and connect to Square-compatible platforms.
Read more: Credit Saint Credit Repair Review
How much should you spend? Should you pay monthly fees or make one up-front investment?
The answers to these questions may depend on whether you intend to make on-line sales a kernel piece of your business .
There are a across-the-board compass of costs associated with eCommerce platforms. For some sellers, an cheap monthly rate makes the most common sense — for exemplar, if you want to be able to offer on-line buy, but don ’ thymine plan on investing significant prison term or resources on promotion or logistics to make it a big dowry of your commercial enterprise .
For sellers who are serious about building an on-line sales impart, a low-price plan is tempt, but you may want to consider a more expensive but fuller-featured option that helps you with the tools you need to grow and manage your on-line business ( i.e., SEO tools, commercialize integrations, shipping, inventory management, etc. ) .
The decisiveness to pay a monthly fee versus a erstwhile investment besides involves some personal preference. With host platforms that have monthly SaaS price, the cost is spread out over time, which is convenient. And you can choose to upgrade, downgrade, or turn off your site based on business operation. But some sellers feel they do not amply own their web site because they can not simply move it to another platform if needed .
In that case, you may prefer a self-hosted option. If you go with a self-hosted choice, be mindful that while there may not be a monthly SaaS cost, there will surely be addition costs, both up-front and recurring. Be sure to research and add up all the versatile extensions, themes, hosting services, etc., that you need for your web site to get a feel of the all-in monetary value before moving forward .
Do you need your in-store inventory to sync up with your online sales?
All our eCommerce partners allow you to sell in storehouse and on-line with Square and see all your sales in one place. But some sellers besides find that having their catalogs and stock counts automatically sync across in-person and on-line channels saves a distribute of time and headaches .
This functionality can help you avoid unintentionally selling the like item on-line and in store, and it makes inventory management easy. Plus, if you already have a catalogue built in Square Point of Sale, you can import it to your on-line store with a few clicks, making setup a sting faster.
The eCommerce platforms that presently allow you to sync your Square in-person and on-line catalogs and armory counts are :
- DIY platforms: Weebly, BigCommerce, Ecwid
- Self-hosted: WooCommerce, Magento
Ready to start setting up your eCommerce store with Square? Review your options here.
Have more questions ? Visit the community and leave a motion ( or leave a gloss to share your own decision-making experience with early sellers ) .