Pausing or deactivating your store
This page was printed on Jun 09, 2022. For the stream interpretation, inflict hypertext transfer protocol : //www.peterswar.net/en/manual/your-account/pause-deactivate-store .
If you ‘re the storehouse owner and your shop is eligible, then you can use your Shopify admin to pause your store temporarily or deactivate your shop wholly. If you want to take a pause from selling on Shopify, but continue working on your store, then you can use the Pause and Build plan .
To be eligible to pause your store using Pause and Build, your store needs to be past the loose test time period, and on a pay design. If your store does n’t meet these criteria, then you ca n’t pause your store.
Reading: Pausing or deactivating your store
You can deactivate your store in the succeed ways :
If you ‘re on a free test and you have n’t chosen a pricing plan so far, then you do n’t need to take any military action to deactivate your account. You ca n’t pause your shop during the free trial .
Before you pause or deactivate your shop, make sure that you review and understand the terms of military service .
For more avail with hesitate or deactivating your store, contact Shopify Support .
Considerations for pausing your store
- If you have received funding through Shopify Capital, pausing your store will affect your remaining Capital advances. For more information, contact Shopify Support.
- The Pause and Build plan isn’t available to Shopify Plus stores.
- You can only select the Pause and Build plan if your store is on a paid plan.
- Consider uninstalling any third-party apps that have recurring charges so that you’re not billed for those apps after you pause your store.
Pause your store and continue to work on it
When you use the Pause and Build plan, your store continues to run at a reduce monetary value of $ 9 USD per month. You can access your Shopify admin and edit your products when you need to, but your check is disabled. This means that customers can review your products, but they ca n’t purchase them. The Pause and Build plan might be the right choice for you if, for exemplar, your memory is seasonal, or if it ‘s only open for a specific period of prison term. While you ‘re on the Pause and Build plan, you can do the be :
- Access your Shopify admin.
- Access basic reports about your site’s performance.
- View your online storefront.
While your store is paused, you ca n’t use on-line storehouse checkout, POS, discounts, abandoned checkout recovery, giving cards, or third-party integrations such as Facebook and Google to publish your products. You can send blueprint order invoices, but the customer wo n’t be able to complete the check summons and draft orders ca n’t be converted to be orders .
- Log in to your storehouse as the shop owner .
- From your Shopify admin, cluck Settings > Plan .
- Click Pause or deactivate store > Pause and build plan .
- cautiously review the plan details, and then click Switch to Pause and build .
Your store will be paused and running at for a decreased subscription fee. If you want to start selling products again, then you can reopen your store at any meter by choosing a modern design .
Work on your store while you’re on the Pause and Build plan
While you ‘re on the Pause and Build plan, customers can still review your products, but they ca n’t buy them. To improve your customer experience, you can customize your root to hide your product prices and hide the Add to cart buttons so that customers do n’t try to buy anything while your store is paused. If you do n’t want to display your products while your memory is paused, then you can use a password to protect your on-line store. This room, customers wo n’t be shown your products while your store is paused. You can customize your password page and write a message that your customers will be shown while your store is paused. All your apps remain active after you pause your memory. If you want to pause your apps, then you need to cancel them individually .
Reopen your store after you pause and build
When you ‘re ready to reopen your storehouse, log in, and then select a new plan that is dear suited for you .
- Log in to your shop as the storehouse owner .
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan .
- Click Pick a plan, and then click Choose plan for the plan that you want .
- carefully review the plan details, and then click Start plan.
After you select a plan, you can start selling again. If you set up a password for your storehouse while it was paused, then you can remove your on-line shop password .
Cancel your subscription and deactivate your Shopify store
If you do n’t want to run your on-line memory anymore, then you can deactivate it at any time. After you deactivate your store, you wo n’t have access to your Shopify admin. If you want to log back in, then you will have to enter your credit calling card details and reactivate your memory. If you deactivate your on-line storehouse, then you ca n’t create a new on-line storehouse that uses the same myshopify domain. You can create a new store that is branded with the lapp name, but your myshopify sphere is unique to each store. For case, you deactivate a storehouse that you named
Very Good Things and that had the URL
very-good-things.myshopify.com. If you decide to create a modern store, then you can silent name it
Very Good Things, but you ca n’t reuse the URL
For security reasons, Shopify Support ca n’t deactivate your memory for you, you need to deactivate the memory yourself. If you have any questions about the procedure, then you can contact Shopify Support .
Before you deactivate your storehouse, consider the following :
- Make certain that you pay any great charges that you might have. If you have no outstanding charges against your account, then you wo n’t receive a bill after deactivating your store. For more information about placard, refer to understanding your Shopify bill .
- Save your storehouse information by exporting CSV files. You can choose to save your bills by exporting your charge history .
- If you have any third-party apps that have your payment information outside of Shopify, then cancel your avail with those apps to avoid being billed externally after you deactivate your storehouse .
- If you sell giving cards, then you might need to resolve outstanding cards. You can export your store ‘s endowment tease CSV file that contains the information that you need to resolve any outstanding cards .
- If you have a customs sphere that you bought through Shopify, then you can transfer it to a third-party sphere provider .
- If you have a customs domain that you bought through a third-party, then you can remove it from your shop using your Shopify admin. If you do n’t remove your world from your Shopify store before deactivating it, then you might not be able to use it for another web site .
- Make certain to turn off car refilling for your custom-made knowledge domain on your registrar ‘s web site to avoid unexpected charges .
- If you plan to deactivate your storehouse and transfer your world to a new chopine, then be aware that Shopify ‘s HTTP Strict Transfer Security ( HSTS ) policy remains in effect on your domain for 90 days after you deactivate your store. This policy helps to ensure the condom of the data about your business and your customers .
If you transfer your domain to another platform that uses HTTPS, then you do n’t need to take any extra steps. If you transfer your domain to a platform that does n’t use HTTPS, then for the next 90 days, an error message is displayed in the browser when anyone attempts to visit your sphere. The error message might state that the site is not trusted or that the certificate is not valid. Wait until the 90-day period is over, or consider transferring your domain to a platform that supports HTTPS .
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan .
- Click Pause or deactivate store .
- If applicable, review the options to switch to the Pause and build design, or start a new store .
- If you distillery want to deactivate, then pawl Deactivate store .
- Select a reason for the deactivation, and then click Continue .
- insert your password, and then click Deactivate now.
You receive an e-mail to confirm that your store ‘s deactivated. You can hush re-open your shop or view your by bills, and your shop ‘s information is guaranteed for 2 years. You can besides re-open your store and pause your design .
Sell your Shopify store on Exchange Marketplace
If you no longer want to run your Shopify store but are interested in selling your business, then Shopify ‘s Exchange Marketplace can help. Listing your business on Exchange is a convenient manner to sell it online, and Exchange has partnered with Escrow.com to ensure that the payment, list, and transfer processes are square and guarantee. To learn more about Exchange, refer to Selling a clientele on Exchange Marketplace .