Connect Hardware to iPads
Connect supported receipt printers, cash drawers, and bar code scanners to the Square app on the iPad. If you have any connectivity issues after following the steps below, learn how to troubleshoot your hardware .
Create a Printer Station and Connect a Printer to Your iPad
To get started, make sure your printer has an Ethernet interface.
Use Printer Stations to save your settings to your device and well trade between connected printers .
Ethernet Receipt Printer
- Locate your wireless router with Ethernet port and make certain you have a hard Wi-Fi sign.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable into the buttocks panel of the printer, and plug the other end of the cable into the wireless router ’ mho Ethernet port .
- From the Square app, pat More from the seafaring banish at the bed of the screen .
- Tap Settings > Hardware > Printers > Create Printer Station .
- Enter a printer station name .
- Tap Printer and select your printer .
- Make sure the receipt printer and your device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. To test your connection, solicit Test Print .
- From the Use this printer for section, toggle on Receipts, In-person order tickets, Online order tickets, Order ticket stubs, and/or void tickets .
- Tap Save .
To connect multiple iPads to the like Ethernet printer, follow these steps with each iPad. You can besides print copies of the like reception to multiple printers from one iPad .
To connect a Bluetooth acknowledge printer to your iPad :
- From the iPad ’ s home screen, solicit Settings .
- Tap Bluetooth > toggle the switch on .
- Press the iPad ’ south family button > tap and open the Square app .
- From the Square app, water faucet More from the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen .
- Tap Settings > Hardware > Printers .
- Tap “ Connect a Bluetooth Printer ” and follow the steps in the new window .
- From the Square app you ’ ll see confirmation the printer is connected .
- Tap Printer and select your USB printer. To test your printer association, tap Test Print .
- toggle on Receipts, Order Tickets, and/or Order Ticket Stubs .
- Tap Save .
once your receipt printer is connected, learn more about printing customer receipts and order tickets for your kitchen.
Note: Bluetooth printers are lone compatible with iPads running the latest version of Apple io .
Connect Cash Drawers to iPads
A cash draftsman must be connected to a reception printer to open mechanically. otherwise, you ’ ll indigence to manually open the drawer using the cash drawer key. To link your cash drawer to the Square app on your iPad, you can connect it to a supported receipt printer that has a peripheral driveway connection using an interface cable. Most acknowledge printers, except mobile bluetooth printers, broadly have a peripheral drive connection .
The Square app formally supports APG, Star Micronics and Heckler printer-driven cash drawers though other brands may work .
Note: Certain USB cash drawers are supported by the Square app but require a Square Stand to open automatically .
once the cash drawer is set up, it ’ ll automatically open in the follow scenarios :
- cash payments
- Cash refunds
- Payments entered as other affectionate
- Each time a cash drawer session ends
- Each time Paid In or Paid Out during a cash draftsman school term is selected
Connect Bluetooth Scanners to iPads
- scan the bar code below to put your Bluetooth Socket Mobile SocketScan S700 into io pairing manner .
- Visit your iPad ’ mho Settings .
- Make sure Bluetooth is toggled on .
- Tap Socket S700 from the Devices menu to pair it .
Note : Bluetooth can pair with only one mobile device at a time. To pair your Bluetooth hardware with a different iPad, you ’ ll inaugural need to unpair it .
Unpair your scanner
- Hold the Trigger button ( large button ) and the Power release ( small button ) down in concert until you hear 3 beeps .
- Release both buttons .
Follow the same steps above to pair your bar code scanner to a different iPad .
Connect Bluetooth Scale to iPads
To connect a Bluetooth scale to your device :
- Make sure your Bluetooth settings on your device are turned on .
- To check the connection, open the Square Point of Sale app and tap More from the navigation bar at the bed of the screen. then wiretap Settings > Hardware > Scales .
- future, rap Connect a Scale.
- You ’ ll see a list of support scales. Tap Connect to pair a scale to your device .
If your scale always become disconnected, your point of Sale app will remember your scale and try to reconnect mechanically .
Note : Your Square Point of Sale can pair with merely one plate at a time. To pair your Bluetooth hardware with a different iPad, you ’ ll first need to unpair it .