Updated on August 20, 2021
In this lead, we ’ ll provide bit-by-bit instructions on how to create a list on Airbnb !
Airbnb is the world leader in travel rentals, with more than 10 million nights booked worldwide.
In order to create a list on Airbnb, you need to have a personal report. Visit Airbnb ’ s sign-up page and click on “Get started”. If you already have an report, log in using your Google, Facebook, or electronic mail score. If you don ’ thymine have an Airbnb score, snap on the “ Sign up ” link at the bottom of the ( pop-up book ) sign-up window and fill out the form.
Go to Airbnb ’ s sign-up page, fill out your property ’ second address and basic descriptions. Make your list on Airbnb stand out by giving more amenities. Click on “ let us know… ” You can add this former adenine well ( on footfall 3 ). then click on “ start your listing ”. Create your account, If you don ’ t have one so far. Should Airbnb “ locate ” your City from your IP address ( i.e. Athens ), it will display the average weekly earnings of early Airbnb hosts in the like sphere. That ’ s a full motivation to proceed with listing your station ! You may change your “ default option ” City if needed ( i.e. if your topographic point is not where you ’ re presently browsing from ). average weekly earnings displayed will change consequently ; besides once you select the type of target : a ) Entire invest, barn ) Private room, or degree centigrade ) Shared room .
step 1 : begin with the basics
here are the questions that you should be prepared to fill out .
- Is this listing a home, hotel, or something else?
Depending on your answer, the options for the rest of the questions will be automatically adjusted .
- What type of property is this?
- What will guests have (Entire place, Private room, Shared room)?
- Is this set up as a dedicated guest place?
- How many guests can your place accommodate?
- How many beds can guests have?
- What kind of beds does your place have (Double, Queen, Single)?
- How many bathrooms?
- Where is your place located?
- Verify on a map
associate FAQ # 1 : What do the unlike room types mean ?
Airbnb listings are categorized into 3 room types :
- Shared rooms: Guests share the entire space with the host or others and don’t have a private room to themselves.
- Private rooms: Guests share some common areas with the host (i.e. kitchen, living room, bathroom) but they have their own private room for sleeping.
- Entire homes/apartments: Guests rent the entire unit and don’t have to share the space with the host or with anyone else.
It ’ s your duty to accurately describe your list, then make surely you choose the appropriate room type .
relate FAQ # 2 : How do I list multiple rooms ?
If you want to list multiple rooms in your invest, you can create a divide listing for each outer space you have available. Each room will have its own calendar and listing page that should accurately reflect the number of beds and amenities, equally well as what space will be shared with others .
step 2 : Set the localization
Fill out the address and pin the exact location .
mistreat 3 : Amenities
Showcase your property ’ south amenities. guard amenities are very crucial for most guests and, in fact, in some areas, they are required by jurisprudence so be prepared to answer/have the following :
- Smoke detector
- Carbon monoxide detector
- First aid kit
- Safety card
- Fire extinguisher
- Lock-on bedroom door
Note: Having a fire fire extinguisher and/or a smoke detector not only increases the safety of your place but besides makes it stand out on Airbnb search results .
Also important: What spaces can guests use ?
- Hot tub
step 4 : Set the scene – Photos, short-circuit description, championship
Photos: According to Airbnb, many hosts have at least 8 photos ( recommended : approx. 20 ). You can start with equitable one photograph and come back later to add more. Including photos of all the spaces a guest can use ( i.e. living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, extra rooms ) helps guests imagine staying at your place. It is besides very important to choose the right field profile photo ( more on that in our next article on building the arrant vacation rental listing ) .
⭐Here are a few tips from Airbnb for taking your own photos⭐
- A few photos are better than none: Start with some of your own photos when you create a new listing—cell phone photos are fine.
- Resolution matters: Take photos that are at least 1024 x 683px. When in doubt, a bigger photo is better.
- Take your photos in landscape format: Vertical photos won’t showcase your space as well.
- Set the scene: Clean up, remove clutter, and pretend you’re preparing for your first guest.
- Take photos during the day: Open the blinds and turn on the lights to brighten your space.
- Highlight unique amenities: Guests love to stay in spaces with character. Consider including photos of your space’s exterior, too.
Set the description and title Set the description and championship
Title: Listing identify in 50 characters or less. Make it stick out !
Summary: Describe the décor, light, what ’ south nearby, etc.
The space: Provide more information about what makes your space singular.
Guest access: Let guests know parts of the distance they will be able to access.
Guest interaction: Inform guests if you will be available to offer help during their stay
Other things to note: Mention other details that guests should know that may be relevant to their stay
The neighborhood: early than adding photograph ( see “ Photos ” above ), let guests learn more about your region
My place is great for: Families ( with kids ), Big groups, Furry friends ( pets ). For many guests, this is the first thing they look at ! so make certain you check the boxes, if applicable ! eminence : In “ Step 5 ” ( see below ) you will be asked again for “ sign of the zodiac rules ” regarding infants/children and pets. Set your host profile, let your guests know why they would trust you to host them. Upload a photograph of yours, put your number where Airbnb can send you the booking requests, you can besides make it visible to the guests .
dance step 5 : Get fix for guests ( set up your book settings, firm rules, pricing and human body out your hosting calendar )
The final step before your list on Airbnb goes bouncy includes questions/settings regarding house rules, booking options, calendars, and prices. What are your guest requirements ? Should you wish to require a government-issued ID ( some hosts need it for tax purposes in some countries ) and recommended by other hosts, check the correspond boxes . Set house rules for your guests (answer with Yes/No)
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Appropriate for infants (under 2 years)
- Acceptable for pets
- Smoking allowed
- Events or parties allowed
Important: What you should know if you specify that your list is safe or desirable for children .
successful host starts with your calendar ( and syncing it with Hosthub, of course ! ). As Airbnb states, guests will book available dates immediately. only get booked when you can host by keeping your calendar and handiness settings up-to-date. Cancelling disrupts guests ’ plans. If you cancel because your calendar is inaccurate, you ’ ll be charged a penalty fee and the dates won ’ metric ton be available for anyone else to book ( starting to appreciate Hosthub more, aren ’ metric ton you ? ) Update your calendar (block / unblock dates)
Pricing / Discounts
Airbnb allows you to set a fixed price or based on demand. Price adapts to demand: You tell Smart Pricing to automatically adjust your price to match demand, but only within a price range that you set. Price is fixed: Set a base price. Airbnb gives you tips that you can accept or ignore . Discounts: You may besides offer discounts on first guests and weekly or monthly discounts ( optional ) . If you have a base price, you can use weekend price to change your nightly price for every Friday night and Saturday nox. Weekend pricing does not work if you have Smart Pricing turned on. In that case, Smart Pricing prices will override any price you add in Weekend pricing .
Set weekend price
To change your nightly monetary value for Fridays and Saturdays :
- Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com
- Select the list you want to edit
- blue-ribbon pricing
- Under Extra charges and currency, attend for Weekend pricing and enter your nightly price
There are a few things to know about weekend pricing :
- You can remove weekend pricing at any time simply by un-checking the box. If you turn weekend pricing off, prices on Friday and Saturday nights revert to your base price.
- Pending and accepted reservations are not affected by price changes, since your guest has already submitted their payment information.
- Weekend pricing does not work if you have Smart Pricing turned on. To override the Smart Pricing price for any night, change the price directly in your calendar.
Any custom hebdomadally and monthly prices you set after turning on weekend pricing will not be override. however, if you turn on weekend price after setting custom prices, weekend price will replace all Friday and Saturday nightly prices on your calendar .
reviewLocal Laws and Taxes
ultimately, Airbnb advises you to check your local laws and taxes. More information, here. once you complete the 5 steps, your list is quick to go live. ultimately, please note that you can “ nap ” or deactivate your list at any time . check and match with the community health standards, it is authoritative to know these things to protect yourself, your guests, and the community . finally, something to consider : Would you like help hosting your plaza ? If you need support hosting your space, you can add a kin member, trusted friend, or neighbor to help with the logistics. To add a co-host: Go to Your Listing > Manage Listing and choose Co-hosts You can either Invite a Friend ( person you know ) or Find a Co-host from the Airbnb community. local co-hosts can help with your list by using their own account.
Read more: How Much Does a Roof Replacement Cost?
Congratulations! You now have created a list on Airbnb ! All you need now is to keep your calendars synchronized across all your channels. The easiest way to do this is to use Hosthub ’ s Channel Manager and you ’ ll be synchronizing in no time ! If despite our guide above, you calm want a professional to take worry of your new list, we can help you there excessively. Hosthub offers a serve that can copy your contented from any vacation rental groove to any other, for a very fair fee. Visit our Revenue Booster page to find out more .