I just received my Economic Impact Payment check from the IRS. What are my options to deposit or cash this check?
- We strongly encourage Capital One customers to use Capital One’s digital tools for self-service banking.
- Mobile deposits of federal checks to a Capital One checking account will generally be available to the customer within one (1) business day.
- You can use the Mobile Remote Deposit Capture feature to deposit a check via the Capital One Mobile app at your convenience. If you haven’t enrolled in online access, it only takes a few minutes. Enroll now.
Customers may deposit wallpaper checks via our Capital One ATM network. Use our Capital One Location Finder to locate an ATM that accepts deposits near you.
- ATMs in external vestibules in branch or Café locations will continue to be accessible 24/7 as usual, even if the location is closed.
- You may also access our Capital One ATMs at select Target locations.
- ATM deposits of federal checks to a Capital One checking account will generally be available to the customer within one (1) business day.
- If you need to visit a branch to deposit or cash your EIP check, please use our Capital One Location Finder to locate the closest open branch.
- Capital One banking customers need to bring one form of photo identification, such as a US state-issued driver’s license or a non-driver ID.
My Economic Impact Payment check is made out to two individuals. How do I deposit or cash this check?
- If you are looking to deposit an EIP check that is made out to two individuals and you are a Capital One banking customer, the check must be deposited into a joint checking account with the two names that match the ones on the IRS-issued paper check.
- If you are looking to cash a check that is made out to two individuals and you are a Capital One banking customer, the check must be endorsed on the back by both individuals.
Can I cash or deposit an EIP check that has been endorsed over to me?
The individual try to cash or deposit the EIP check must be listed as the original payee as printed by the Treasury.
I have to come into a branch to cash or deposit my Economic Impact Payment check, but I am nervous about being in a public space during the virus. What is Capital One doing to make sure customers are safe?
- As always, the health, safety and well-being of our customers, our associates and our communities is our top priority.
- We strongly encourage customers to use Capital One’s digital tools for self-service banking, including depositing your Economic Impact Payment check.
- If you elect to deposit your Economic Impact Payment check at one of our branch locations, please know we are taking great precaution to ensure social distancing and virus prevention. This includes:
- We’re only servicing customers behind protective glass, whether that be in lobbies or drive-up teller service.
- We have placed markers in our queue that indicate the required amount of space in between customers waiting in line.
- We’re continuing to exercise enhanced deep cleaning protocols to maintain a safe environment at locations across our footprint.
- We respectfully require you to follow the local state / city / county regulations regarding protective gear including wearing face coverings.
For more data about the latest information and answers to questions about Economic Impact Payments, check out our FAQs.
last Updated 4/20/2020