- The TEAS Plus filing option has more requirements up-front when you submit your initial application. As a result, you pay a lower fee per class of goods/services.
- The TEAS Standard filing option has fewer requirements up-front. However, you must eventually meet all the application requirements and pay a higher fee per class of goods/services.
ready to apply ?
Start your application in TEAS If you are n’t already signed into MyUSPTO using your USPTO.gov history, you ‘ll be prompted to log in with two-step authentication. Review the Log in to TEAS and TEASi page for more data. You can check the current action wait times to find out how long your trademark filing could take. Filing your initial application, answer form, and post registration accurately can speed up the process. You can help by reading these tips on avoiding process delays.
Reading: Trademark initial application form
Key differences between TEAS Plus and TEAS Standard
Consider these keystone differences when selecting your filing option :
- TEAS Plus : Pay $ 250 per class of goods/services .
- TEAS Standard : Pay $ 350 per class of goods/services .
When you pay fees
- TEAS Plus : Pay all lotion filing fees with your initial application .
- TEAS Standard : Pay one application filing fee with your initial lotion and the rest subsequently in the procedure .
How you identify goods and services
- TEAS Plus : You must select your goods or services listing from the Trademark Identification ( ID ) Manual. If the ID Manual does n’t have a list that accurately reflects your goods and services, you must use TEAS Standard .
- TEAS Standard : You can write the description of your goods and services, but it ’ second still substantive to accurately describe your goods and services .
When you designate a U.S.-licensed lawyer ( foreign-domiciled applicants only )
- TEAS Plus : A U.S.-licensed lawyer must complete and submit your initial application .
- TEAS Standard : You can complete and submit your initial application, but you must designate a U.S.-licensed lawyer thereafter .
When you provide extra statements
- TEAS Plus : Provide all compulsory extra statements in your initial application.
Read more: How to Set Up Google Voice | Digital Trends
- TEAS Standard : provide required extra statements after you submit your initial application .
You must provide extra statements if any of the following apply to your lotion :
- The like score has already been registered with the USPTO by you, but the owner name in the prior registration is not the same as in the new application .
- The mark includes semblance .
- The mark includes a invention or stylized baptismal font .
- The cross off includes non-English words .
- The mark includes non-Latin characters .
- The mark includes the name or portrayal of a living person .
- The cross off is presently in habit and the applicant needs to limit use to a specific geographic area and identify the other coincident users .
Review the extra statements required for TEAS Plus for more information about these statements .
Detailed information about TEAS Plus and TEAS Standard
You can find more detail data about each file option, including links to the TMEP with the definitive list of lotion file requirements for each file option, on the TEAS Plus and TEAS Standard pages.
TEAS Nuts and Bolts: TEAS Plus vs. TEAS Standard
Other viewing options:
Download a printable transcript
Other application forms
If you do n’t see the application form you are looking for, review our other initial application forms .