|Company||IPO date||IPO opening price per share on public markets||Price per share as of July 23, 2021||Total growth (%)|
|Zoom Video Communications (NASDAQ: ZM)||April 12, 2019||$65.00||$359.23||452.66%|
|Peloton Interactive, Inc. (NASDAQ: PTON)||September 26, 2019||$27.17||$121.55||347.37%|
|Roku, Inc. (NASDAQ: ROKU)||September 28, 2017||$15.80||$431.61||2,631.71%|
|Pinterest, Inc. (NYSE: PINS)||April 18, 2019||$24.62||$76.91||223.83%|
note : share prices include adjustments for breed splits .
Had you invested just $ 1,000 in any of these companies on its first sidereal day as a publicly listed party, your $ 1,000 investment would be worth anywhere from $ 2,238 to $ 26,317 today. other benefits of investing in IPOs include portfolio diversification and having region possession in a potentially industry-changing company.
New York Stock Exchange
The New York Stock Exchange ( NYSE ) is one of the earth ’ s largest stock market exchanges. You can see past, show, and future IPOs via its IPO Center. here, you can view expected filings, holocene IPOs, IPO price statistics, and visuals of chargers and graph of by IPOs via its IPO Backlog section .
national association of securities dealers automated quotations
The NASDAQ is besides one of the world ’ s largest broth commercialize exchanges and provides reliable information for upcoming IPOs. It provides information on upcoming IPOs via its IPO Calendar with statuses of IPO filings such as :
- Upcoming: Upcoming IPOs and their respective listing dates
- Priced: IPOs that have determined their price per share
- Filings: A list of previously listed IPOs
You can view IPOs here that will be listed on both the NASDAQ and the NYSE .
In some cases, you can access IPOs through trade apps such as Robinhood and SoFi Invest.
yahoo ! finance
Yahoo finance can be a great source for tracking approaching IPOs listed on closely all ball-shaped stock exchanges, such as NYSE, NASDAQ, London Stock Exchange ( LSE ), Australian Stock Exchange ( ASX ), and many others. Via its IPO Calendar, you can view past and approaching IPOs with extra details such as the commute it will be listed on, its condition, the number of shares, and potential price ranges .
Google News Alerts
Google Alerts is a great room to keep lead of upcoming IPOs. By setting up an alert for certain keywords, like “ upcoming IPOs ” or “ IPO, ” Google will track the web for news and content related to those keywords and e-mail you regularly with updates. here ’ s how to set up a Google Alert for upcoming IPOs :
- Go to Google Alerts to enter your tracked keywords.
- Type in “IPO” and other related keywords to add to Google Alerts.
- Select settings to customize how you receive your alerts.
Read more: How to Set Up Google Voice | Digital Trends
Based on your selected notification parameters, you will receive regular notifications via e-mail of new content across the network related to your chosen keywords .
Subscription IPO Alert Sites
You can stay informed of upcoming IPOs to invest in by subscribing to IPO alert websites. For a small fee, you will get details on upcoming IPOs and their current statuses. Some democratic IPO alert sites to consider are :
- IPO Scoop: Paid subscribers get access to an IPO calendar, IPO documents such as S-1 filings, new pricings, popularity ratings, email alerts, and exclusive Friday-morning emails with a summary of the IPOs for the prior week. Cost: $19.95 per month, $199.50 per year.
- IPO Monitor: For a small monthly fee, you get access to exclusive IPO calendars, pricings, IPO news, important dates such as lockup expirations, performance metrics, industry analysis, and quarterly reviews. Cost: $29 per month, $290 per year.
- Renaissance Capital: Subscribers get access to news about upcoming IPOs, exclusive educational material about IPOs, IPO stats and status timelines, and customized email alerts. Cost: Free (IPO Center), $97 per month or $948 per year (IPO Pro).
To sign up for these subscription services, create an account with your electronic mail, password, reach data, and payment details. You have options to pay monthly or annually.
frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs )
Are IPOs a good investment?
As is with most thoroughly research investing strategies, IPOs can pose capital investment opportunities, but may not be suitable for all investors. Before you invest in an IPO, be certain to conduct some due diligence to understand the company you are investing in. Due to the lack of information available for newly listed companies, it can be difficult to find the fundamental facts of an underlying IPO investment. The best invest to find relevant information about an approaching initial public offering is through the caller ’ second documents filed with the SEC, such as the S-1 instruction and preliminary course catalog .
Are IPOs profitable?
Whether an IPO is a profitable investment is dependent on your due diligence on the fundamental company. Picking a company with a strong diligence moat, favorable financials, and big leadership are just a few positive characteristics to look for in a bang-up equity investment such as an IPO. But remember : IPO annual returns can vary wide year to class.
Can you buy an IPO before it goes public?
Yes. however, you need to be a node of the cover bank or its affiliates, or a trade app that offers IPOs, to directly participate and purchase shares of the IPO before they are listed on the populace markets.