View Your Tax Return Online
If you paid a professional tax preparer to file your tax return, the easiest way to view this information on-line is to access an on-line account that the tax preparer set up for you. You may need to create an on-line account if you don ’ triiodothyronine already have one, but your tax preparer can walk you through the steps. If this choice is not available to you, there ’ s another way to retrieve your tax data, by accessing the database of the IRS.
Search IRS Transcripts
Transcripts are not demand duplicates of your tax return, such as a photocopy would render, but they are summaries of the data that appears on your render. If you plainly want to view the information on-line, for example, you want to your IRS refund from a previous year, a transcript fits the bill. The frost on the patty is that the IRS provides on-line transcripts release of charge.
Read more: Instant payments: get fast money transfers
Understand the IRS Transcript Types
The IRS provides different types of transcripts to suit different needs. Some of the transcripts available that are detached to you if you entree them online include :
- Tax Return Transcript. You may need to provide income information from a past-year tax return when you apply for a mortgage or refinance loan or seek student financial aid. Typically, mortgage lenders and student loan administrators require you to provide income verification for the past three years, so the Tax Return Transcript fulfills that request. This transcript provides comprehensive information, such as your adjusted gross income, any forms and schedules you submitted and most line item data. This type of transcript is only available for the current year’s tax return and your returns for the previous three years. It does not reflect any changes you or the IRS made after you filed the original return.
- Tax Account Transcript. This type of transcript is available for the current year’s tax return as well as the returns for the previous 10 years. It provides an overview of the basic data that was entered in your tax return, such as adjusted gross income, taxable income, marital status and any changes you may have made after filing the return.
- Wage and Income Transcript. This type of transcript provides all the income data you submitted from forms such as W-2 Wage and Tax Statement, Form 5498 IRA Contribution Information and the 1099 series of income documents. These transcripts are available for returns filed for the prior 10 years.
Obtain Your IRS Transcript
Create an on-line IRS report by searching for “ Get Transcript Online ” at IRS.gov and following the prompts. You ’ ll need to provide this data to register your report :
- Your Social Security number, mailing address from your most recent tax return, filing status and date of birth
- Your email address
- A mobile phone that has your name on the account
- Verification of a personal account from a credit card, mortgage or certain types of consumer loans
After you have created your on-line IRS account, you ’ ll be able to view a transcript of your tax return immediately. You can besides print or download the information. If you request a imitate of your transcript by mail or by fax, expect a five to 10-day wait.