Where can I find my tire size?
The tire size for your fomite and wheels can be found in two places :
- Sidewall of your tire.
- Inside frame of the driver side door.
Tire Size Example : 255/55 R18 forty
- The first three numbers of a tire size measures the width in millimeters from sidewall to sidewall.
- If the tire size is 255/60 R16, the width of the tire is 255 millimeters.
- The two digit number after the slash mark is the aspect ratio which measures the tire’s cross-section to it’s width.
- If the tire size is 255/60 R16, the 60 means that the height is 60% of the tire’s width. The bigger the aspect ratio, the bigger the tire’s sidewall will be.
- In between the Aspect Ratio and Rim Diameter, is the construction of the tire.
- If the tire size is 255/60 R16, the “R” stands for Radial, which means the layers of the tire run in straight lines across the tire.
- If there is a “B” instead of an “R” listed on your tires, the “B” stands for Bias construction which means the layers run diagonally across the tire.
Wheel Size (Rim Diameter)
- Located after Construction is the wheel size, which tells us the size of the wheel/rim that the tire is intended to fit and is measured from one end of the wheel to the other.
- If the tire size is 255/60 R16, the 16 means that the wheel is 16″ in diameter.
- To support the weight of the vehicle, each bore is assigned a delegate number that coincides with the utmost weight that the tire can support when it has been inflated .
- If your tire size is
S, the load rating/index would be 82 meaning the load in lbs would be 1,047lbs.
Read more: 8 Top Dividend Index Funds | The Motley Fool
- A high bore cargo index count means the tire can hold a a greater load carrying capacity .
- If you purchase a tire with a lower cargo index than what is recommended for your vehicle, the run down will not be able to carry the weight of the vehicle .
- here. For a complete list of load index ratings, click
- A Tire speed Rating indicates the maximal accelerate capability or limit at which your tire was designed to perform .
- Although the accelerate rat indicated the soap travel rapidly capability of the tire, this act does not imply that the tires can be driven on safely at it ‘s maximal focal ratio, specially in harsh road conditions.
- If your bore size is 255/60 R16/82 S, the “ S ” would indicate that the maximum speed capability for the tire would be 112mph .
- For a dispatch list of travel rapidly ratings, click here